logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BriceMunn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 11:31:19 PM(UTC)
BriceMunn

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm attempting to do this:

Only in 2 chroma key studios. I want to do a rough key and superimpose of the wide shot live, and feed a gallery view including all angles to Teams. Thus we have remote video village for the director/customer to view from home.

The real key and comp will all happen in post - vMix is not recording, the cameras will run onto their own mags for traditional post FX workflow.

Both studios have a 2 cam setup (identical wides to superimpose, and a clean single - same as Obama example). I have one beefy PC running vMix in the studio with the best internet. Local cameras will come in over USB. My question is how do I get the cameras in from the other studio? If there was only 1 I could do it over teams and capture with NDI. I don't want to use vMix call, I haven't found it reliable enough and I'm not even sure it works with external cameras.

Ideally I'd like to go with some form of RTP for the 2 camera feeds crossing studios. It's only for live monitoring purposes so no lag is priority.

Essentially, I guess it'll need to be some form of port-forwarding the NDI streams. But I can't port-forward because I have no control over the studio's internet.

Any suggestions would be really helpful!

Thank you.