logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AVTech  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:13:06 AM(UTC)
AVTech

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi! I am new to the forums and relatively new to vMix. I recorded a multi-camera shoot and streamed my first show this past December. It went great, and I am impressed with vMix, both for the simplicity and the depth of options available.

In the December recording, I recorded 4 cameras and a switched program with the Multicorder. I used the vMix AVI format and converted several of the files to ProRes afterward with no problems. A week later, I started to convert several more of the recordings, but vMix Media Converter returns the message "Could not create muxer: -200" in the Progress column of any file I try to convert. This holds true for any vMix AVI file on the machine. Between the time the converter worked and when it started returning the error, I had cleaned up the Windows install a little by uninstalling several default apps like the candy and farm games that come with Windows 10. It follows that I accidentally modified or uninstalled something that vMix needed.

I tried reinstalling vMix, but that didn't seem to clear up the problem.
I have also searched, but the results seem to be oriented to software development of different apps, all of which is out of the league of finding a solution for me. I would just like to get vMix Media Converter working again.

I would appreciate any thoughtful help.

Thank you,

Aaron

AVTech  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:42:44 AM(UTC)
AVTech

Groups: Registered
United States

So, an update.

The error went away when I specified a valid Output Folder.

<Press "That was Easy" button here.>

In reorganizing files and conversions late one night, I had run out of room on one drive and moved some folders around. The path "D:/ProRes Outputs" while looking perfectly fine to my eyes because I had used it all day, was no longer present.

At least now the muxing message is present in the forums and can hopefully help the next person who moves their output folder.

Aaron