logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gzifcak  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 11:30:12 AM(UTC)
gzifcak

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,
I'm seeing an error on a fresh install of the latest build of vMix 23.0.0.67 on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro that has been tweaked for performance.

Anytime I close the Recording Setup dialog, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object," even if I change no settings. Once the dialog is closed, the Record button lights up red, but no file is recorded. Pressing the red Record button opens the dialog again, with the same results. The button stays red.

The error also pops up immediately when I press the 2 tab for the second record.

I've seen this dialog before, and it's usually a simple setting I've forgotten to toggle in the dialog, but this time I can't figure it out.

I've tried uninstalling vMix, restarting, installing again, same behavior. At this point I'm starting to think it might be something I've disabled in Windows that vMix needs, since it seems like I've eliminated vMix variables.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Hardware is Ryzen 5600x on a Gigabyte B550i motherboard with 16GB of RAM, 1660 ti running driver 452.06. (Yes I know this particular processor and motherboard are not listed on the reference systems page).

Thanks,
Greg
gzifcak  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 3:48:35 AM(UTC)
gzifcak

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I just installed the version 24 preview, and am no longer getting the error. If I re-install 23, I no longer get the error when closing the dialog, but it still appears when I press the tab for Record 2. Weird.