logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adambou  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 12:51:41 AM(UTC)
adambou

Groups: Registered
Australia

I am live streaming football matches. When a try is scored, I have a try stinger and I have set these up to play with the last replay.
Sometimes I want to replay some action that wasn't a try. Is there a way I can set this up so I can select to play replay with or without the stinger?
ask  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 12:34:45 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
AFAIK Not currently. Perhaps add this as a FR for v24 which will have increased Replay functionality. My feeling is that a shortcut to set the transition is what you are after. i.e. SetReplayTransitionIN
dmwkr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 6:35:13 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
What you can do, is to

- set your Replay In Transition not to your Stinger, but to a normal transition (Cut)
- create a small script that 1) brings in your Stinger as an overlay (usually channel 4), 2) waits a short time (have to adjust to your Stinger), 3) plays your last replay event to output, 4) waits for the end of your stinger, 5) turns off the overlay
- make sure that the effect for your overlay channel 4 is set to Cut
- have two shortcuts: One for playing the Last Event to Output (non-try event), one for starting the script you created (try)

That way, you could even use a large amount of Stingers. If you need help, let me know.
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
matzsundin on 10/24/2020(UTC)
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 8:11:23 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
What you can do, is to

- set your Replay In Transition not to your Stinger, but to a normal transition (Cut)
- create a small script that 1) brings in your Stinger as an overlay (usually channel 4), 2) waits a short time (have to adjust to your Stinger), 3) plays your last replay event to output, 4) waits for the end of your stinger, 5) turns off the overlay
- have two shortcuts: One for playing the Last Event to Output (non-try event), one for starting the script you created (try)

That way, you could even use a large amount of Stingers. If you need help, let me know.

If only vMix had some ways of doing things differently ;-)

adambou  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 8:51:06 PM(UTC)
adambou

Australia

What you can do, is to

Thanks so very much.. I will try to get that set up - thanks for your helps much appreciated.
dmwkr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 10:38:07 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

If only vMix had some ways of doing things differently ;-)

That's the beauty of this beast... ;-)
adambou  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 8:08:58 PM(UTC)
adambou

Australia

What you can do, is to

im really not too sure about how I create a script. Is there a way I can do this with a trigger? play the stinger - then play the last replay?
dmwkr  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 10:28:52 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Ok, I'm gonna give you a start. You open vMix settings, Scripting. That's where you put your script. Give it a name and put it on a shortcut.

There are different ways to do a script. The most intuitive is Web Scripting:

https://www.vmix.com/help23/WebScripting.html

This is pretty close to creating shortcuts. Everything you can do with a shortcut, you can write in a script.

In addition, you can use the Sleep command, which will pause the script for a number of milliseconds between two functions.

The commands for the script can be found where you create shortcuts in vMix.

And here:
https://www.vmix.com/hel...utFunctionReference.html

Or you can use Richards Script Builder App:
https://forums.vmix.com/...r-App---Updated-02-24-20

Here is again what you want the script to do:

Create a small script that 1) brings in your Stinger as an overlay (usually channel 4), 2) waits a short time (have to adjust to your Stinger), 3) plays your last replay event to output, 4) waits for the end of your stinger, 5) turns off the overlay

Here are the lines for 1) & 2):
Code:
Function=OverlayInput4In&Input=TheNameOfYourStingerInput
Sleep 1000

The rest is up to you. Hope you get it done. :-) If you get stuck, just get back to me.
Radiotvpat1982  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:05:49 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
A couple things to note here.

2 more stingers will be added in the new VMIX 24!

As for now, the way to do this is really to avoid stingers all together.

Instead go to the settings on your transition and click settings and setup a trigger.

If you are not familiar you can setup a series or triggers on any and all inputs. So setup the trigger to fire off your replay in the form and fashion you want. So in this scenario you basically have an unlimited amount of stingers.

In my case, I use my 2 stingers for regular replay in and out. But then I have setup a Home & Road Replay wipe for scores, and also 2 with the stations logo that wipes off graphics when it comes on. I could easily add as many more as I needed by setting each one up with a set of triggers.
hakan_forss  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 1:29:21 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Sweden

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
A couple things to note here.

As for now, the way to do this is really to avoid stingers all together.

Instead go to the settings on your transition and click settings and setup a trigger.

If you are not familiar you can setup a series or triggers on any and all inputs. So setup the trigger to fire off your replay in the form and fashion you want. So in this scenario you basically have an unlimited amount of stingers.

In my case, I use my 2 stingers for regular replay in and out. But then I have setup a Home & Road Replay wipe for scores, and also 2 with the stations logo that wipes off graphics when it comes on. I could easily add as many more as I needed by setting each one up with a set of triggers.

This sounds very interesting! Could you show an example how this would work end-2-end?

I'm also looking for a way to play a highlights section in between quarters and in half time off an event lists. Then I don't want the normal replay stinger, but a pre and post clip.
Radiotvpat1982  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 1:32:24 PM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Originally Posted by: hakan_forss Go to Quoted Post

This sounds very interesting! Could you show an example how this would work end-2-end?

I'm also looking for a way to play a highlights section in between quarters and in half time off an event lists. Then I don't want the normal replay stinger, but a pre and post clip.

Its pretty easy. Add in your video you will use as a transition. Then setup a series of triggers to do whatever you want with the video. I would suggest if its highlights you just setup one of your replay bins up for highlights only. Then Control A to copy all, then use the play selected feature.

So on your series of nested triggers you want to use that command when transitioning in. I do the exact same thing for football. I have both a home and road team replay wipes and I normally use those transitions to my "roll out" highlights to commercial breaks.

Other more advanced functions can also be added like making sure you cut your overlays on or off, playing music/sound effects or any number of things like that. Triggers can be a series of timed elements so they work every time.
hakan_forss  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 3:05:38 AM(UTC)
hakan_forss

Sweden

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hakan_forss Go to Quoted Post

Its pretty easy. Add in your video you will use as a transition. Then setup a series of triggers to do whatever you want with the video. I would suggest if its highlights you just setup one of your replay bins up for highlights only. Then Control A to copy all, then use the play selected feature.

So on your series of nested triggers you want to use that command when transitioning in. I do the exact same thing for football. I have both a home and road team replay wipes and I normally use those transitions to my "roll out" highlights to commercial breaks.

Other more advanced functions can also be added like making sure you cut your overlays on or off, playing music/sound effects or any number of things like that. Triggers can be a series of timed elements so they work every time.

Thank you. You are doing it in similar way to how I'm currently doing it. I was hoping you had found a different way.
Radiotvpat1982  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2021 4:21:40 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Well, the addition of 4 stingers vs 2 will at least make things bit easier for most users.

I might be able to offer another suggestion if I knew what you think may be a problem or just in general what you dont like about doing it this way? I will admit it takes some time to setup each one but that is about it.

Id imagine if you knew scripting you might be able to create a script to change the stinger in the background. I do this on my Tricaster but the machine does need a little time to process the change.