logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
STADIORADIO  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:58:36 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Goodmorning everyone. I have been using Instant Replay for some time, but I have never been able to fully understand the functioning of "Match Replay Speed" and what the parameters "Pre Roll" and "Post Roll" influence.

Can you help me. Thank you.

Cattura1.PNG (6kb) downloaded 0 time(s). Cattura2.PNG (7kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:41:41 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
parameters "Pre Roll" and "Post Roll" influence

added seconds before and after an event. say you Mark a 5 second event and pre is 2sec and Post is 2 sec the total event will be 9 seconds.

Quote:
understand the functioning of "Match Replay Speed"

see https://forums.vmix.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12633
If only there was a search option ;-)
thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
STADIORADIO on 1/16/2020(UTC), Chircanu on 1/17/2020(UTC)
STADIORADIO  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:14:05 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I had tried to search the forum and "Match Replay Speed" did not give me satisfactory results. I probably missed something. Thank you very much for your reply, very clear how Pre and Post Roll works. My English is not the best and on "Match Replay Speed" I have to deepen, but perhaps I understood the meaning of that discussion you posted. Thanks again.
thanks 1 user thanked STADIORADIO for this useful post.
Chircanu on 1/17/2020(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 2:10:00 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Here is how I use pre and post roll.

I do sports so I will use basketball as an example. In basketball I see a good play happen and I hit the -5 button which by default goes back 5 seconds and clips that play. However my replay wipe is 1 second and sometimes the play has a little bit of "react" on the end of it so I would like the play to continue past the 5 seconds.

So I add a 2 second pre-roll. This means I have 7 seconds of video. I have my shortcut build out to start playing that file as soon as the wipe comes in. Then on the back end I use 5 seconds of post-roll so I get the react and the video does not freeze on me. On VMIX 24 there is an option to check if you want unlimited playback. As a very experienced replay op, I can tell you that this is a common feature on basically all mid and top line replay machines. It is often referred to as "Guardban" or "Unlimited Pad".

Should be noted that there is one benefits to having the unlimited pad vs just setting a post-roll. Now that I have set a 2 second pre and 5 second post that means that each of my clips are now by default 12 seconds. Not idea when you are capturing the master highlight reel AKA "the melt" at the end of the show.

I dont use the match replay speed personally so I dont want to speak to that one.