logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Damn2Good4U  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:14:16 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi,

I dont know if this is covered somewhere here.

I would like a help on how to stream from 2 different locations simultaneously using vMix.

e.g. Covering a LIVE event at a remote location e.g. an Awards/Elections and at the same having some panels in Our studio discussing same...

We want to be able to switch between what is going on at the main event arena, and what the Panelists are talking about at intervals.

SOS, Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

How can this be done with vMix please?
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:45:10 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
The original version of livestream.com had this capability. It has a web based studio which can switch between 2 separate webcast feeds to their server.

There is a link to the original livestream at the bottom of the new livestream web page. Not sure if you can still get an account for the original version.

Also, the Livestream Studio software has a Remote Camera software add on that can do the samething.

Good luck.
Damn2Good4U  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:13:27 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@Kelvin, many thanks for your response.. yeah I know Livestream can do that,I do have an account with them when they were Mogulus before changing the name to livestream...

I stream to a private white labelled CDN and I use vMix..

What I asking of is a situation where we will have 2 Encoding PC in 2 different location streaming live to just 1 source but based on the Event...

The main streaming vMix PC could be the one in the studio while the Remote PC send in a feed to the Studio PC...

Mixing is done in the remote location based on the cameras there as well as in the studio.

I hope I do make some sense here...
Damn2Good4U  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:33:41 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Ok @atpt and thanks for this idea, it makes sense, but in a situation where u have just one rtmp protocol to you CDN how do you get an rtmp from the remote PC down as an input to the main PC in another location entirely?

doyousee.me  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:59:39 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
you can add an rtmp source as an input to vmix, although not without delay
Most cdns add some delay , varying from sub 1 second (mine :) ) to 30 or more seconds.
the delay is stable most of the times, so as long as you're not doing conversation with the other location it shouldn't matter all that much :)

adding an rtmp source to vmix requires some local buffering as well to make it stable

M@ik
TVIason  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 2:44:31 AM(UTC)
TVIason

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
If you have te money a teradek cube will work
Bardos59  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 8:31:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Don't know if this will help...I am tying to remember how we did it ...I was not the person who did the setup, but I think there were two PCs, linked by a network cable...one, actually a laptop, was used to accept a stream from a location, and the system was set to do a screen capture of that stream from the laptop...there was a vMix system at the other location streaming over a private network not very far, the signal was not too strong, but strong enough to get a reasonably stable feed......it worked, but I think there was a slight delay from the other system......The system I was working with, was used as the main system, and we did the streaming to the site of the client, as well as projecting the event to an audience.
The idea came when we had to do a graduation ceremony with different powerpoint presentations, which, if we had loaded them to our PC, would have lost the effects that were used, so we networked two PCs, did a screen capture of the laptop with the powerpoint, so the operator only had to worry about switching, leaving the person on the laptop to do all the loading and playing of the powerpoint.....so we decided to try a screen capture of a stream....maybe that could work for you....