logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davesuemcbride  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 3:47:29 AM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Forum - Using the 'Speakers Audio' source in Livestream Producer's mixer I get an audio loop (not feedback, more like a repeating echo loop). Seems like Livestream is adding an audio monitor output to the computer's sound, and this is again getting fed back in via the speaker input.

Audio source going into vMix is soundcard's Line In, and the loop doesn't occur when Producer isn't streaming. I can eliminate the loop by having Producer use Line In as it's source, but then I lose the ability to mix any other sources and/or adjust delays, so that's a big loss. Any idea of whether my theory about Producer 'feeding the speakers' holds water, and better yet what can be done about it?

Thanks!
Kelvin  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 11:35:27 AM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Is the Headphone monitor in the audio mixer turned on? Also, in the windows recording devices window, is the "Listen to this device" checked.

I had a similar issue last November. When trying to play video files I would get a feedback loop, but the live mic was fine. I need to figure this out by the middle of April when I do my next live show. These are the 2 settings in the computer I will be checking first.

thanks 1 user thanked Kelvin for this useful post.
davesuemcbride on 3/14/2014(UTC)
davesuemcbride  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 1:45:47 PM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Kelvin wrote:
Is the Headphone monitor in the audio mixer turned on? Also, in the windows recording devices window, is the "Listen to this device" checked.

I had a similar issue last November. When trying to play video files I would get a feedback loop, but the live mic was fine. I need to figure this out by the middle of April when I do my next live show. These are the 2 settings in the computer I will be checking first.

Thanks Kelvin - I tried Producer's 'Headphone Monitor' setting on both on and off, and when Headphone Monitor was enabled the feedback was much worse (and was actual feedback). This makes me suspect my theory about Producer sending monitoring audio back to speakers - this would be a major flaw that would basically make the 'Speakers' input worthless, and there'd probably be an easy / obvious way to turn it off.

I need to look for the 'Windows Recording Devices' window since that sounds like a good place to check - I tend to get lost around all the Windows multimedia options ;)

Probably could have phrased my question better as 'What's the best way to get vMix audio into Livestream Producer'?

davesuemcbride  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 5:37:38 PM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Re 'Listen to this Device', found this interesting link on MSDN: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/...nitor-aka-listen-to.aspx . Sounds like unchecking this may solve my issue, though the echo I'm getting is a lot longer than the 80ms mentioned in the post.
rholz  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:41:54 PM(UTC)
rholz

I fixed this problem using "speakers audio" in Livestream for Producers and then muting all audio sources except vMix and Producers in the Win 7 audio mixer. We have been streaming to Livestream using this method without any problems. Not sure why Livestream for Producers recognizes vMix video, but not vMix Audio, but this works OK.