logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
samirbridi  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 3:00:19 AM(UTC)
samirbridi

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello people,

Who uses MS Teams, also notes that with more people in the meeting room, the quality of each speaker is lower? When making the individual capture via NDI, note that up to 2 speakers, the quality is good (acceptable), 4 already starts to have losses and above then, getting worse.

I have an event 160 people, where 50 will be captured, but gradually. The maximum will be 6 people, but their quality is worse than the old cell phones, size 320px.

Does anyone have any configuration ideas to improve or some light at the end of the tunnel ??

Thanks!
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 3:46:25 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I notice that sometimes, but it's not consistent. I've had 8 people and it looked great, so I don't have a real anser for you.

The truth is that unless you have a 10 Gb uplink and port on the machine, you would probably saturate the line after 8 callers, less if you have other NDI devices.

We have a couple of 10Gb ports motherboard and 10Gb uplink, not sure if that makes a difference.
Vince Beck  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 4:42:32 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Since I have some time on my hands, I just did a new test, and you are correct. It does drop after 2 callers, although it seems to be overall in Teams and not just NDI.

I was using a real camera as my test source and the difference is not huge, but it's there. It does seem to be the same after caller 3 and 4, no further drops of quality on my end after caller 2.
samirbridi  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 2:55:38 PM(UTC)
samirbridi

Brazil

Originally Posted by: Vince Beck Go to Quoted Post
Since I have some time on my hands, I just did a new test, and you are correct. It does drop after 2 callers, although it seems to be overall in Teams and not just NDI.

I was using a real camera as my test source and the difference is not huge, but it's there. It does seem to be the same after caller 3 and 4, no further drops of quality on my end after caller 2.

That's crazy!

So, when more than 2 people are connected in the meeting, the quality starts to get bad.

Did you try to adjust the bitrate in the TEAMS administrative settings, to see if there is any difference?

By default, 50000kbps comes ... I'm thinking of doubling that amount, to insure at least one quality for 4 to 5 people.
Vince Beck  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 9:11:10 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Mine caps at 60,000 Kbps. But that’s still 50 Mbps! Way more than Teams would ever use. I see about 5 Mbps used with 4 callers. So back to the drawing board.
DWAM  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 9:29:46 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I don't get it why you guys come to the vMix forum to ask such questions which are absolutely NOT related to vMix!
vMix is not responsable for what Teams delivers or how Teams encodes to NDI. Do you really expect answers here?
I guess it would be more appropriate to complain or ask for explanation on the Teams forum or support page directly...
stevespaw  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 12:00:37 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I think it is fine to have this thread here.
There are a lot of people using Teams with vMix and sharing experiences is valuable.
Maybe it should be in the 3rd Party group, but there are still some NDI mysteries with Teams.

In reality, in this NDI group, discussions are mostly separate from vMix

My 2 cents
Steve
Vince Beck  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 2:05:58 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

100% agree. No one said it was a VMix issue, and it’s very much part of our everyday VMix events. Someone is having a bad day...
samirbridi  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 3:34:11 PM(UTC)
samirbridi

Brazil

Originally Posted by: stevespaw Go to Quoted Post
I think it is fine to have this thread here.
There are a lot of people using Teams with vMix and sharing experiences is valuable.
Maybe it should be in the 3rd Party group, but there are still some NDI mysteries with Teams.

In reality, in this NDI group, discussions are mostly separate from vMix

My 2 cents
Steve

I agree with you ... The fact is not related to vMix itself in general, but as we all use the platform for our work and we are also using the Teams system together, there is nothing more fair than having both forums, like this it is possible to have even more answers. The fact of placing the forum here, is precisely the exchange of experiences, doubts and even may be some configuration in vMix, which can help some work.

Originally Posted by: Vince Beck Go to Quoted Post
100% agree. No one said it was a VMix issue, and it’s very much part of our everyday VMix events. Someone is having a bad day...

For sure! The person instead of putting some experience, tip, or even taking this doubt that not only I have but like many other people also have, comes to put something that does not add anything.

Nobody is obliged to answer, but a topic on the platform together with vMix, ends up managing to gather a lot of important information when a question arises, and also facilitates the search within the forum.