logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mthiessen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:15:14 AM(UTC)
mthiessen

Groups: Registered
United States

Has anyone had success using an external webcam like a 5D Mk IV tethered to a laptop via USB? I have installed Canon's EOS Webcam Utility (basically a driver) and had great success with other platforms. In all these cases the platform recognized my external 5D and went off with out a hitch.

Next week I'm running the tech of a presentation by the editor of a very well known magazine. I'll be at her house setup with lights and 5D tethered to my MacBook Pro. The organization we are presenting to uses VMix which I have never used. I

I'm assuming I will be sent a vMix Call link. I've done dozens of these presentations using different platforms based on what the other side is using. Some platforms require me to use Google Chrome and the web interface. From watching the vMix Call YouTube video, that appears how it will happen with vMix Call.

Does anyone have any experience using EOS WebCam Utility connected to vMix call in the Chrome browser?

Thanks,

Mark Thiessen
mavik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 11:58:27 AM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
As long as the host computer sees it so should the browser see it. vMixcall is webRTC, so it needs a supported browser.