logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopisDad  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2020 10:51:40 PM(UTC)
PopisDad

Groups: Registered

I have just purchased a neat little $169 USB PTZ HD Camera called the Obsbot Tiny which uses AI for 'follow-me' and zoom features. But I was keen to see how it worked with vMix such that PTZ and Zoom features could be manually controlled.
It seems like the Virtual PTZ works well, but to use the PTZ and Zoom controls correctly it seems you have to go into vMix Input Advanced settings and control it that way.
Unless any vMix Forum members can suggest a better way using a joystick controller or other control features within vMix?
Any help or assistance would be much appreciated.
Andrew Rix  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 10:10:08 PM(UTC)
Andrew Rix

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'd be interested to know how you got on with this. I have an OBSBot camnera too but the output to vMix seems to not be working properly. I only get about 5 FPS.
tvscreen2021  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 2:14:51 AM(UTC)
tvscreen2021

United States

I'm having the same problem. The Obsbot Tiny 4k seemed to work properly only once after a vMix reboot, but then stuttered again after a few moments. This happens in 4k and 1080. I'm thinking of trying to use an adapter to go USBC from camera to HDMI into vMix - and I'm wondering if hopefully some upcoming firmware fix would maybe help.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 7:44:50 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tvscreen2021 Go to Quoted Post
I'm having the same problem. The Obsbot Tiny 4k seemed to work properly only once after a vMix reboot, but then stuttered again after a few moments. This happens in 4k and 1080. I'm thinking of trying to use an adapter to go USBC from camera to HDMI into vMix - and I'm wondering if hopefully some upcoming firmware fix would maybe help.

If the video is connected via USB and stuttering you are likely not using the correct encoding scheme over the USB link. A USB 3.0 link only supports 5 Gbps in theory. In practice, something a bit less. So you cannot using an uncompressed encoding scheme at 4k30.

When adding the camera to a vMix project be sure to select MJPEG or NV12 encoding. This should reduce the bandwidth required over the USB link.
thanks 2 users thanked mjgraves for this useful post.
dcoplin on 7/23/2022(UTC), Andrew Rix on 11/9/2022(UTC)
hyperbolic  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2022 2:37:27 AM(UTC)
hyperbolic

Canada

Has anyone had any luck with the Obsbot Tiny 4K since this post? I am playing around with it today, side-by-side with the 1080 version. The 1080 works fine when added as MJPG, but the 4K has a huge amount of latency (maybe a second and a half), and freezes after some time. Seems to do the same thing in Manycam as well, so perhaps it's not a vMix issue, but a Obsbot issue.