logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chumbaz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 3:59:46 AM(UTC)
Chumbaz

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would like to understand how (and if) I could approach the idea to use Panel Builder as a source router.

I mean, may be i have a graphic panel with a video source in it
and three cameras
I would have three buttons on PB to choose which of the three input will go live in the graphical panel

In general I manage this with multiview, but I can't find how to change the multiview input from PB

NOTE:
I know that there is the MIX option, but i can only have three and the example is just to have an idea, because my dream is a much more complex project
around 12 inputs, camera and/or NDI, and not less than 12 different graphic compositions, with 1/2/3/4/5 video source each so: no MIX

Thank you in advance to anybody who will put me on the right way ciao
raugert  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2020 7:57:09 AM(UTC)
raugert

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chumbaz Go to Quoted Post
In general I manage this with multiview, but I can't find how to change the multiview input from PB

The Panel Builder is essentially a controller but can also be used as a router as you describe. To control the MultiView overlays, you can choose the command "MultiViewOverlay" and enter the index (which layer you want to control) in the "Value" field. More information is also available in the vMix User guide in the Shortcuts chapter.

This topic could help other Panel Builder users as well. It would be great if you could post questions regarding Panel Builder in the " vMix 'Panel Builder' for Mac/Win/Android tablets/iPads " thread in the future. :)

thanks,
Richard