logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tttin46  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 8:13:24 PM(UTC)
tttin46

Groups: Registered
Viet Nam

Hello,
I want to make teleprompter by using secondary screen. I'm using ppt slide to display text and using remote keyboard to control the slide (throught shortcut). But ppt slide have no auto-scrolling effect.
Do you have any solution such as scrolling title that is controllable by shortcut?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 10:52:54 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Using a real teleprompter might be a good and most rational solution, don't you think?

there are many free teleprompter apps for both computers and mobile like for example : https://cueprompter.com/
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
tttin46 on 11/16/2020(UTC)
tttin46  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 11:45:13 PM(UTC)
tttin46

Viet Nam

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Using a real teleprompter might be a good and most rational solution, don't you think?
there are many free teleprompter apps for both computers and mobile like for example : https://cueprompter.com/

Real teleprompter is just a LCD screen. I want to use vmix to handle teleprompter without another computer.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 1:17:01 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tttin46 Go to Quoted Post

Real teleprompter is just a LCD screen. I want to use vmix to handle teleprompter without another computer.

Really? and what handles what is displayed on that screen?
Even an prompter operator is a specialized skill/job

but if you insist, create a GT Vertical ticker title , feed it text (maybe through a data source), adjust the speed/direction with shortcuts etc and display that input on your secondary monitor

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
tttin46 on 11/17/2020(UTC)
tttin46  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 2:04:32 AM(UTC)
tttin46

Viet Nam

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tttin46 Go to Quoted Post

but if you insist, create a GT Vertical ticker title , feed it text (maybe through a data source), adjust the speed/direction with shortcuts etc and display that input on your secondary monitor

VMIX can handle 2 HDMI displays. One for Vmix Operator, another for MC/Host as a teleprompter (teleprompter with HDMI input). MC/Host can control what display in teleprompter throught wireless keyboard (such as wireless presenter/pointer or airmouse). As I said, I'm using ppt slide as display method that is controllabe by wireless keyboard and it work well, but I must split document into many slide and the slide in vmix don't have scrolling effect, just static slide.
elvis55  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 3:19:32 AM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Convert PowerPoint To PDF

https://www.pdf2go.com/powerpoint-to-pdf

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Display - page display - automatic scrolling

Second monitor,
in vMix - Add Input - NDI/Desktop Capture - Local Desktop Capture - Adobe Acrobat Reader
thanks 1 user thanked elvis55 for this useful post.
DWAM  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 3:21:46 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:

No they don't. Real teleprompters need a computer to manage text and controls and in general they use 2 monitors: one for control, one being placed in front of the camera for the talent to see.

The app I pointed out works in a browser. If you'd checked my link, you'd have realized that:
- it can run on the same computer as vMix
- vMix can use the teleprompter as a browser input
- you can set this input to any monitor you want (through vMix or independently of vMix)
- it has all the benefits of a real teleprompter (choice of colors, of fonts, of speeds, hotkeys to control speed/play/restart and so on...)

However you're free to think that Powerpoint is a better tool for what you want... although it is not designed to act as a teleprompter.
OTOH I do believe that a teleprompter software is more likely to serve perfectly as a ... teleprompter.
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
tttin46  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 2:02:44 AM(UTC)
tttin46

Viet Nam

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

I finished my work now. Thanks all and special thank to "doggy"!

First I use GT Title Designer to design scrolling title with formated paragraph (font, size, alignment...)
After that, I made data source by excel. Each row contain one paragraph. I used this data source as Title content.
Final, I assigned 4 buttons on airmouse to control this scrolling title. 4 buttons assigned with these functions: Datasourcenextrow, Datasourcepreviousrow (with value: Name, Table ex: Excel/CSV,Sheet1), Playpause and Restart.

Now I can easily select paragraph, scrolling speed, play, pause and restart each paragraph.