logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ryan Salazar  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 7:09:15 AM(UTC)
Ryan Salazar

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I created a support ticket last week, but never heard back from anyone. We have the latest version of VMIX running on a fairly beefy windows 10 pro system w/ 32 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti. For whatever reason, we are experiencing a random issue where VMIX just closes all of a sudden. No errors, no popup, nothing. Another issue which is far more frequent is when I have multiple people connected via VMIXCALL and they all drop at the same time. In the past, I was told to use peer-to-peer as I could have more call losses if I go directly through the server. Is that true? We have been using peer to peer for some time now, but I'm officially at a loss. I'm concerned that if your server goes down that we won't be able to place or continue calls during live streams and we need reliability. Our network is super-solid. I have 3 fiber connections and almost no latency on our side. We are currently configured for peer-to-peer, but I'm trying to figure out which one is more logical with less issues.

Anyone else having similar issues or advice?
Ryan Salazar  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 7:19:58 AM(UTC)
Ryan Salazar

thumbnail_Image.jpg (148kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

We just created a fresh windows install with a new install of VMIX, but noticed strange and significant dropping of audio frames every time I see the connected caller's "bar" turn orange. Is this something to be concerned about? I'm not noticing any strange audio or video issues. By the way - This is not a peer to peer call and I'm running an earlier release of the software because we are starting to suspect there are software bugs in the latest version. I'm currently trying 23.0.0.46 x64.

Thanks
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 12:41:43 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Ryan,

I just checked our records and don't see any emails from you unfortunately, so not sure where they were sent.
If sending via our contact page, double check to make sure it is sent as it will suggest articles first before confirming the ticket.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 12:45:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Ryan,

Please use the latest version of vMix only, as there are issues that were fixed in the prior releases.
There is no known issues with the latest vMix updates, so please try and email us as we have not received any emails from you thus far.

By the way, the vMix closing issue is likely due to faulty hardware somewhere, but we will need to work with you via email to diagnose that further.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Ryan Salazar  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 10:42:35 PM(UTC)
Ryan Salazar

Martin,

I have sent two error logs and submitted your support form twice since this last Friday. I have another live stream in two days. I have tested on 3 separate machines. Two machines have closed the software on their own, including a brand new machine I just bought from Best Buy. We are also experiencing dropped calls, but it’s random and we have a strong network.
admin  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 11:12:20 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Ryan,

Double check the form is completed when sending, as we don't have any records of emails from you.
(I am searching based on the email in your forum profile)

Try also sending us an email directly rather than via the form. Our email is at the bottom of the page.

https://www.vmix.com/contact-us.aspx

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 11:18:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I was able to locate a support report through a different email. Still no sign of any support requests unfortunately.

The vMix closing issue is caused by a faulty NDI source, so make sure all software for NDI sources is up to date.
Additionally install the latest NDI Tools from NDI.tv and run Access Manager from the Advanced tab make sure receive mode is Auto or Multi TCP
as the issue is due to older NDI sources running in UDP mode.

Once that is sorted, please make sure the latest vMix is installed and send us a report regarding any call issues.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
Ryan Salazar  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 11:51:47 PM(UTC)
Ryan Salazar

Hi Martin,

Ok, I’ll try that now. Is that potentially also causing callers to be disconnected? We randomly lose all the callers and have also seen random “WEBRTC” drop errors in the latest version of VMIX.

Thanks,
admin  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 12:20:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Those errors would indicate a network/internet issue of some kind:
https://www.vmix.com/kno...ll-manager-timeout-error
Ryan Salazar  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 12:43:54 AM(UTC)
Ryan Salazar

ok just submitted support form. Can you please confirm you received?