logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NSCPro  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 10:21:01 PM(UTC)
NSCPro

Groups: Registered
Estonia

Hi everyone :)

I have BlackMagic ATEM Camera Converter and BlackMagic ATEM Studio Converter and BlackMagic ATEM Television Studio. I Connect my camera to BlackMagic ATEM Camera Converter and send video/audio and talkback over optical fiber to BlackMagic ATEM Studio Converter. BlackMagic ATEM Studio Converter SDI OUT i send video and audio to BlackMagic ATEM Television Studio SDI IN. BlackMagic ATEM Television Studio are connected to BlackMagic ATEM Mini to control camera fade, switcher etc..

I have MacBook Pro which uses vMix software over BOOTCAMP. How can i see all my four cameras in vMix software? and how can i use BlackMagic ATEM Mini to control camera switch so that the vMix software program screen also changes the broadcast picture
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 11:48:29 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NSCPro Go to Quoted Post
How can i see all my four cameras in vMix software?

You would have to split the feeds from the cameras and not only send them to the ATEM but also send them to 4 capture card channels in the computer running vMix, or you could use four hardware NDI encoders linked over a LAN to the vMix PC. No simple solution.

and how can i use BlackMagic ATEM Mini to control camera switch so that the vMix software program screen also changes the broadcast picture

No simple way to do that either, not least because that's not a task it's designed to perform. The ATEM and vMix are designed to each be stand-alone switchers (and competing products), so there's no consideration given by either party as to how (and why) you'd want to interconnect them like that.

NSCPro  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 12:04:15 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Originally Posted by: zenvideo Go to Quoted Post
How can i see all my four cameras in vMix software?

You would have to split the feeds from the cameras and not only send them to the ATEM but also send them to 4 capture card channels in the computer running vMix, or you could use four hardware NDI encoders linked over a LAN to the vMix PC. No simple solution.

and how can i use BlackMagic ATEM Mini to control camera switch so that the vMix software program screen also changes the broadcast picture

No simple way to do that either, not least because that's not a task it's designed to perform. The ATEM and vMix are designed to each be stand-alone switchers (and competing products), so there's no consideration given by either party as to how (and why) you'd want to interconnect them like that.

But if i send all my camera picture over NDI protocol using NDI encoders like Connect Spark SDI | Connect Spark HDMI or Teradek VidiU Go / Pro, can't it cause a problem anyway when transmitting over the network?

I found this video in youtube. I don't understand how this man using ATEM Mixer so that changes are made to the vMix program as well.
zenvideo  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 2:44:18 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I found this video in youtube. I don't understand how this man using ATEM Mixer so that changes are made to the vMix program as well.

Please watch the video again and pay close attention to what he's tell you. He is only using the output of vMix as a source into his ATEM mixer, primarily to generate titles/graphics and to play out pre-recorded video clips. He is also making use of the scaling facility in order to connect a camera (only to vMix) that is not running at the same resolution/frame-rate as his other cameras which are directly connected to the ATEM. He is not controlling vMix from the ATEM, nor do the main cameras (which are directly connected to the ATEM) appear in vMix.
NSCPro  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 8:30:46 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Okay thanks :)

I have some questions more. I have a horse race coming up where I should show the name of the rider, the name of the horse and what the club is from. As well as penalty points and timing. How can I make sure all names, clubs, horse names are listed and only change names. In addition to being able to reset penalty points and timeouts with a new competitor each time. How can i use stopwatch?
Cali_Chris  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 7:13:34 AM(UTC)
Cali_Chris

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Okay thanks :)

I have some questions more. I have a horse race coming up where I should show the name of the rider, the name of the horse and what the club is from. As well as penalty points and timing. How can I make sure all names, clubs, horse names are listed and only change names. In addition to being able to reset penalty points and timeouts with a new competitor each time. How can i use stopwatch?

You can use Excel and do Cell Values. Here is a cool video someone made on how to do this. You put your data points in XLS as CSV and tell Vmix how to organize them. You can switch between rider / horses quickly.

Here is another video:

Best of Luck

Chris