logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hpages  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 7:17:25 AM(UTC)
hpages

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Hello,

I have a title I have made for timing and scoring a race and I have everything built with animations and using a script that doggy helped me with a couple weeks ago.

Everything works great on the title except for my timings. I have an Interval bar below my driver names and it animates with the new timing data for each driver as another script pages through the data source rows.

The issue comes with the timing data animations. Some of the data does not animate properly when the text field is updated. It seems to randomly animate different text fields, while the others cut.

I have a hidden text field that the script then puts into the text field that is displayed. I did run a test to see if this issue is tied to that script and I found that it is the case.

Has anyone run into an issue like this before? If so is there any fix?

I have included the script and a video of the title w/ the issue below.

Thank you and I appreciate any help.

Video Link: https://streamable.com/dp8sx0

Code:

dim HiddenTextBox As string = ""
do while true
   For X As Integer = 1 To 5

HiddenTextBox = Input.Find("ticker_timing.gtzip").Text("TimeHide"+X.tostring+".Text")

if HiddenTextBox = "+1 lap" or HiddenTextBox = ""
		Input.Find("ticker_timing.gtzip").Text("Time"  + X.tostring + ".Text")= ""            

elseif HiddenTextBox = "+2 laps"
		Input.Find("ticker_timing.gtzip").Text("Time"  + X.tostring + ".Text")= "1 lap"

else
		Input.Find("ticker_timing.gtzip").Text("Time"  + X.tostring + ".Text")= HiddenTextBox
      end if
   next
loop

doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:21:58 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Yeah , i noticed similar issues too.
It looks like a timing conflict between updating the data combined with OnDataChange animations within a GT title .(animations not fully processed and such)
To check try it without onDatachange animations or adding slight delays between the actual individual data updates.
Probably due to onchange animations still happening while already dealing with the next item or so.

Has messed but up sweet ideas for me too to the point either things had to update slower and didn't look as good anymore or use no OnChange animations in the title

Other than that , your "idea" looks slick
Papo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:17:27 PM(UTC)
Papo

Peru

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, I can't see what the error is in the video but very apart from that I want to ask you about the code, I see that you give a lot to the process, that full loop is necessary? I think that for resources it will be taking away something from 10 per cent, not this too put it seems to me a sleep with about 100 would be fine, I say I am not the expert on the subject but in my way of coding I try not to give too much work to vmix with the processes, give it a break give it a sleep, or would be wrong ... :(
translated from spanish to english by google
hpages  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 7:23:35 AM(UTC)
hpages

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Yeah , i noticed similar issues too.
It looks like a timing conflict between updating the data combined with OnDataChange animations within a GT title .(animations not fully processed and such)
To check try it without onDatachange animations or adding slight delays between the actual individual data updates.
Probably due to onchange animations still happening while already dealing with the next item or so.

Has messed but up sweet ideas for me too to the point either things had to update slower and didn't look as good anymore or use no OnChange animations in the title

Other than that , your "idea" looks slick

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to get it to work correctly even with delays. It looked odd, just like you said. We ended up scrapping the timing idea and are just sticking with the animating top ticker. We're hoping to speak with the software developers for our data so I don't have to run scripts to correct their data errors. Once that happens we'll revisit the timing data.