logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
radamo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:50:46 PM(UTC)
radamo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Whaou !!!

Thank you for this program !

I did my first try of Vmix today, and I like it very much ! Very impressed by the very quick learning curve and the big power of it. I use a PC windows 8.1, 3 years old, GTX480 and decklink card 4x input SDI and it seems very easy for the PC to manage all that.
I ordered a shuttle i7 X79 motherboard and a GTX680 for my future real test before using it and I think it will be a great hardware config.
I am very interested in Virtual Set. Is it possible to create ourself these ? If yes, how ?
Is it possible to insert more than 1 talent in a virtual set ? I would like to have 3 people in the same large point of view.

Olivier
wwdv  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 1:45:23 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Do the GTX680 and the SDI card both fit in this shuttle?
radamo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 2:08:12 PM(UTC)
radamo

wwdv wrote:
Do the GTX680 and the SDI card both fit in this shuttle?

i thought it was, but when the shuttle arrived, i realized that i was wrong. i can only put a single shot graphic card with fan in the shuttle. i bought a zotak 610 and i hope it will be powerfull enough for 4 hdsdi input.
i had a look at acme computer but the one with 2 screens i would buy cost more than 7000 €
so, i think if my shuhttle is to short, i will buy a clevo notebook 370sm with Thunderbolt, a soonet enclosure with 3 pcie and 2 bm decklink quad. i use clevo notebook for videoediting in raw 4k, and they are unbelivable powerfull.

i played with virtual set and again "whaooo..." this software is very very promising !

Olivier
wwdv  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:59:06 PM(UTC)
wwdv

I've got a Shuttle with a Zotac GT610 too and a Osprey 440 capture card.
I am looking for another (better) graphic card that fits, but can't find one right now.
In my case the GT610 has some kind of a interfering problem with the Osprey 440 (white horizontal lines).
Another brand GT610 doesn't help.
radamo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:49:19 PM(UTC)
radamo

I will get my 610 tomorrow and try it with Decklink card 4x SDI. But i will be a bit anxious for live show with this GPU.
I hope someone can answer to the question "shall a SLI config of 2x GTX780M be better that 1 with vmix" because it is possible to build something such powerfull but light.
radamo  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 5:05:17 PM(UTC)
radamo

The Zotac is an old PCI card that does not fit in the PCI e slot of the shuttle.....
So, I won't be able to put a 4 HDSDI input in a small PC. I have to wait for thunderbolt2

Egriswold  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 6:58:38 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I've used Zotac and MSI 610, 620 and 640 single slot cards. I usually get them with 2G of DDR2 ram and they work great. I prefer the Zotac's mainly because the MSI's have fan failure issues in my experience. I also try not to push 1920x1080i mostly because it's interlaced and that forces you to deinterlace the stream which is a big waist of horse power. 1280x720p looks fantastic even at lower bit rates.
wwdv  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:03:22 PM(UTC)
wwdv

radamo wrote:
The Zotac is an old PCI card that does not fit in the PCI e slot of the shuttle.....
So, I won't be able to put a 4 HDSDI input in a small PC. I have to wait for thunderbolt2

The Zotac GT610 is also available as a PCIe 2.0 x16 card.
As far as I know the Zotac GT640 is the fastest single slot card with single slot cooler.

radamo  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 1:26:40 PM(UTC)
radamo

wwdv wrote:
radamo wrote:

As far as I know the Zotac GT640 is the fastest single slot card with single slot cooler.

No, the Zotac 640 is not single slot, it has a fan (as i see on pictures here in France) that takes the place of the second slot. The 610 is really single slot. ISo, i will try it but with only 512 of RAM, it will be a little bit weak.

Olivier
Egriswold  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:29:18 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
radamo wrote:
wwdv wrote:
radamo wrote:

No, the Zotac 640 is not single slot, it has a fan (as i see on pictures here in France) that takes the place of the second slot. The 610 is really single slot. ISo, i will try it but with only 512 of RAM, it will be a little bit weak.

Olivier

Here's the Zotac 640 I have used Click here
Single slot
radamo  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 9:08:22 AM(UTC)
radamo

It seems that there are several form of this card. Anyway, the shuttle will be a temporary solution, as the "real" solution will be thunderbolt and notebook PC. At this moment, notebook PC are thunderbolt I, but in May or June, I think new revision of motherboard and processor will be there, and I shall buy the more powerfull solution I will be able too because i really like vmix.

Olivier
radamo  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 9:56:25 AM(UTC)
radamo

I get my Zotac 610 PCI e today, and i put it in the shuttle.

The GPU seems to be the weakest point of the shuttle, but it works very well with Decklink quad BMD card. I did some test, and i can lay without any problem 4 HDSDI input in 1080i. The GU chrge is about 45%.
If i enble the rcord and/or external ooutput, the GPU goes higher, 85%, but it seems stable enough to be tried in real life conditions.

The Zotac has an hdmi output that i can connect to a recorder (pix240) or videoprojector very easily.

Olivier