logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pba  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 7:44:58 PM(UTC)
pba

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Actually the multi audio SRT output works with only one audio PID: one audio track with multiple audio channels. Imho the really good way for the multi audio SRT output is: using different audio PID (and different audio tracks) for every audio BUS.

All the broadcast encoders, decoders, servers (like Wowza and Nimble server) works in this way. For the correct and high quality workflow, we need unique audio PID for every stereo audio channel.

For the multi language livestreams it must have thing - and this COVID situation now its a mandatory thins, at least our customers asking this. Anyway the OBS can generate SRT output with multiple Audio PID's, so its not an impossible thing. :) We don't want to use OBS for the encoding process. :)

So please, consider this suggestion, and please use multiple audio PID's for the SRT output! Thank you!
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 5:12:35 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
+1
pba  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:56:50 AM(UTC)
pba

So, I would like to bump up the topic. We made some investigation, and actually the multi audio SRT output feed is only compatible with other vmix systems - because of the output format is not meet the standard. Anyway I don't understand this.

The standard is: you must use different audio PID for every stereo audio pair. All the other encoders and decoders works in this way, for example: Makito, Kiloview, Elemental, OBS, Nimble Media Server, Wowza Media Server, Epiphan, Haivision, Teradek, Matrox, and so on. Because there is a standard for this...

So please, reconsider the multi-audio SRT output to meet the industry standard. It can be a really big help for us for the multi language streams.
sam602  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:06:04 AM(UTC)
sam602

Trinidad And Tobago

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
pba  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 2:49:12 AM(UTC)
pba

I'm dreaming about a standard compliant SRT output (with correct audio and video PID's)...
PeterH  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2020 3:20:10 AM(UTC)
PeterH

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
+1
stevespaw  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2020 4:32:07 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
+1
pba  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 3:52:14 AM(UTC)
pba

I don't know it will be happen with the version 24 or not... but its a really big pain, actually the SRT output with multi audio is only compatible with another VMIX. Just a "small change" needed, SRT output with standard compliant PID's. But there is no information from VMIX Team when will be happen this... :(
3xscreen  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 8:37:52 PM(UTC)
3xscreen

United Kingdom

+1

We have been investigating SRT in more depth the last week for broadcast contribution and have realised vMix's SRT support is only suitable for vMix to vMix connections and isn't standards compliant.

Standards compliant SRT implementation of audio PIDs would be a good start - but there seem to be other issues too. We were able to replicate stream stuttering and audio clicking on multiple vMix machines when receiving an SRT from a hardware encoder - but when viewing the feed on a hardware decoder or VLC it was totally AOK.
pba  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 8:31:45 AM(UTC)
pba

Yes, again, the SRT multi audio output still isn't standards compliant. The support wrote me its by design. In that case its a very bad design. The industry standard is the multi audio with multiple PID's, thats all. Its not a rocket science, and I think stupid/arrogant thing if you not follow the industry standards. Whose idea was it? I really don't understand.
mavik  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 10:05:47 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
+1 correct multilanguage suport is key.
pba  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 8:49:16 AM(UTC)
pba

The big question is: when will understand this problem the VMIX Team? We need a standard compliant multi audio SRT output. What is the standard? Its easy: each stereo audio track with different audio pids.

Every time I have to rent an encoder unit for the multi audio projects. Redesign is really needed to change this wrong non-standard compliant SRT output. Please! Just check all the other HW/SW encoders how it works this thing.
pba  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:32:05 PM(UTC)
pba

The VMIX25 is comming, so I would like to bump up this topic again.

Actually VMIX multi audio SRT output is only compatible with another VMIX. If you use another thing for the decoding (for example HW or SW decoders) you cannot work with the audio channels, you cannot separate them, its messed up. This is happend because there is no independent audio PID's for the stereo audio tracks.

So my feature request is: please use different audio PID's for all the stereo audio tracks in the SRT output. This is the industrial standard, every other SRT encoder and decoder works in this way. Why doesn't VMIX work that industrial standard way?
hayden567  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 10:14:52 AM(UTC)
hayden567

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
gostreamworks  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 4:58:02 AM(UTC)
gostreamworks

+1

Currently vMix is a huge issue in our workflow when we want to do multichannel audio. Either we need it to output NDI with the audio channels separated properly which NDI can handle but when it comes out of vMix it doesn't. The other part as people have mentioned is SRT. If vMix could allow for PIDs to be set rather than choosing a standard of 257 that would be the most flexible but this definitely needs to be addressed as OBS has a hack for doing it but it would be nice for vMix to reach this level for large productions that only can be done with very expensive hardware currently.
ggudnason  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:01:43 AM(UTC)
ggudnason

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1
Lazerface  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:40:36 AM(UTC)
Lazerface

Man
Canada

+1 for PIDs
Schlauberger51  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 11:04:29 PM(UTC)
Schlauberger51

Germany

+1
JacobLarsson  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 7:58:28 PM(UTC)
JacobLarsson

Norway

+1 please consider inputs as well!
pba  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 9:24:00 PM(UTC)
pba

Yeah, I see a lot of plus ones, which is good. Also we shared the reason why its really needed - anyway using PID'S is the industrial standard way, so you can't ignore this, or if you do, than you are a blind man.

While the V25 is seems to be a minor version upgrade (for us), there is a lot of space for the real usefull new functions. The video/audio PID's can be one of these new use functions. Or other viewpoint: finally VMIX will be compatible with another encoder/deocders.

Okay, I would like to be correct: saving bundles, NDI5, more categories are usefull features. Probably the LIVE LAN also usefull for some people. But hey, for us its not a major upgrade. And as I see well, its not just my opinion.