logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NSCPro  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 10:33:46 PM(UTC)
NSCPro

Groups: Registered
Estonia

Hi everybody

I really need help from the wisest. How can I create a starting list of competitors using my graphics and data from json. For example, if I have 180 competitors at the start, entering this data manually after each field will still take a huge amount of time. Is there no way to do this in automation? I add pictures that I can think of to understand.

Is there an additional plugin or something else to display such start lists or competition results in a table on top of the graphics?

Thank you

data source.jpg (248kb) downloaded 17 time(s). GT Designer.jpg (406kb) downloaded 4 time(s). vmix.jpg (379kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 10:50:24 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
When Textblock are linked with your data source specify the selected ROW per row in your title

if the names of the textblock matches the headers of your datasource one can practically do the datasource connection in one go and just adjust the row selections in your title

PS You might want to add texblocks into your title first to hold the data ;-)
NSCPro  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 11:00:16 PM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
When Textblock are linked with your data source specify the selected ROW per row in your title

if the names of the textblock matches the headers of your datasource one can practically do the datasource connection in one go and just adjust the row selections in your title

PS You might want to add texblocks into your title first to hold the data ;-)

would it be possible to make a small video clip of how I should do it so I can understand things correctly.

The address of the JSON file is https://www.nsc.ee/curl.php

At the moment, I didn't understand exactly what I should do.

Thank you :)
doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 11:24:51 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

A little correction : the automation part based on same names is possible when the data source columns are converted to rows

add textblocks to your title
Say they are named Horse1 ,Horse2,... and so on
Link the textblock in your title to the datasource in question but specify the row : for Horse1 that would be row 1 , for Horse2 = row 2 and so on , that's it
now every time the ranking changes in your data source the title will reflect that.

horse1.JPG (163kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

horse2.JPG (78kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
NSCPro  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 12:03:53 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

A little correction : the automation part based on same names is possible when the data source columns are converted to rows

add textblocks to your title
Say they are named Horse1 ,Horse2,... and so on
Link the textblock in your title to the datasource in question but specify the row : for Horse1 that would be row 1 , for Horse2 = row 2 and so on , that's it
now every time the ranking changes in your data source the title will reflect that.

horse1.JPG (163kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

horse2.JPG (78kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Okay, but if i have 180 names how to do it so that it shows 8 rows per page and if there are 180 names so that it swaps there for the next eight names and then again for eight names until 180 names are displayed. Do I really have to manually link all 180 names and so the name of each competitor, the name of the horse, the name of the club, etc.?

I thought maybe there is a solution where i put one line in place and then i can just somewhere specify how many lines it displays at once and the other lines do it automatically.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 12:44:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
Okay, but if i have 180 names how to do it so that it shows 8 rows per page and if there are 180 names so that it swaps there for the next eight names and then again for eight names until 180 names are displayed. Do I really have to manually link all 180 names and so the name of each competitor, the name of the horse, the name of the club, etc.?

That is a complete different story. You will have to resort to some scripting if you want this done vMix side where you will assign the data to the Textblocks in such a manner you envision while intermittently pinpoint 8 rows.

If you then really want to go fancy you could advance your rows and have some on datachange animation within your title ;-)
NSCPro  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:23:44 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Quote:

That is a complete different story. You will have to resort to some scripting if you want this done vMix side where you will assign the data to the Textblocks in such a manner you envision while intermittently pinpoint 8 rows.

If you then really want to go fancy you could advance your rows and have some on datachange animation within your title ;-)

Yeah, but how to do that? I don’t know
elgarf  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 2:49:15 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Not sure it will work, but what about creating 8 data sources (one datasource for row) and then just use DataSourceSelectRow shortcut?
Or 8 times DataSourceNextRow😅 because DataSourceSelectRow can't add value to current row index =(

BTW, pagination for data sources is good feature request, I think.
NSCPro  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 3:14:41 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Originally Posted by: elgarf Go to Quoted Post
Not sure it will work, but what about creating 8 data sources (one datasource for row) and then just use DataSourceSelectRow shortcut?
Or 8 times DataSourceNextRow😅 because DataSourceSelectRow can't add value to current row index =(

BTW, pagination for data sources is good feature request, I think.

I think this is possible some way, but I don't know how. I have seen several live broadcasts using race results and start lists and broadcasting with vMix software.
doggy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 5:45:54 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
I think this is possible some way,

one data source , one data column content displayed , script going through a 56 row list test

NSCPro  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 18, 2020 5:55:50 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Quote:
I think this is possible some way,

one data source , one data column content displayed , script going through a 56 row list test

How this is possible? :D
doggy  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 1:53:40 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

NSCPro  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 8:11:22 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

https://youtu.be/mz-eXuWWsEs

can i understand no answer? :(
doggy  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 10:59:34 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

barebone script available (includes commented script, example GT title, example Data Source and setup instructions)
Editable (when brave) to your needs. pm for details ref RankList

adriancituli  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 6:19:56 AM(UTC)
adriancituli

Spain

https://youtu.be/mz-eXuWWsEs

Hi friend. I am really interested in this work. And I think that if you explain us how can we do it, it will be really useful for other users. You have added one script, but which one? And how can we make the rows change? I am a begginer and I only know how to link each block of text to the cells in the excel, but I want they change like you did. Please, we need your explanaition.
- Which script we have to use.
- How can we make the data showed change.
- And the last question, could we make the data change by using UTC?

Thank you so much. I think that you are a true proffesional and we need your help.