logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joedemax  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:35:01 AM(UTC)
joedemax

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello friends! I have some new software that may be of interest to those of you using remote vMix instances. It's called Central Control Skip to 6:15 in this video to see how Steve Matthews and I use a NewTek LC11 to control a vMix instance many many miles away.

This may also be of interested to those of you running cloud vMix instances that still want some tactile control.

Video demo

Download
http://centralcontrol.io/download
thanks 4 users thanked joedemax for this useful post.
stevematthews on 5/21/2020(UTC), DWAM on 5/25/2020(UTC), stigaard on 5/25/2020(UTC), mtt-tom on 5/27/2020(UTC)
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 12:50:44 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Joe

discovering your software... Looks interesting...

When it comes to vMix could you define the list of usable commands? Did you implement the whole API command list or just the very basic ones ? Your demo is so fast, I couldn't see if command options are available.

Another question : do you think it's possible to control let's say both an ATEM and vMix at the same time with a single Akai controller for example? I guess not but I could be wrong...

Another one : can I use 2 controllers at the same time (let's say an Akai and a Xbox joystick) to control vMix ? (I know it's possible without Central Control but I'm trying to evaluate if there would be a benefit in doing so with CC)

Does it work if I want to use let's say 2 Akai APC Mini which do not offer the ability to set Midi channels ? Does your solution solve this issue ?

Basically in regards to vMix could you elaborate on the specific advantages your solution offers over the simple fact of using any midi controller directly through vMix ? I see an obvious interest for recycling traditional control panels for vMix use or using Midi controllers with ATEM, but I need to understand better what's the added value for the vMix ecosystem on its own...

Lastly, What is your trial offer? 15, 30, 60 days ?

Thanks in advance... Hopefully those questions and answers might help starting an interesting thread about Central Control

Bien à toi,
Guillaume de Lafontaine (on FB where we have met already), aka DWAM (in the vMix community)
stigaard  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 2:49:40 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Very cool stuff!
roverradio  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 5:49:05 AM(UTC)
roverradio

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Interesting. Would this allow a NewTek TC8000CS to control vMix?
joedemax  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 4:03:03 AM(UTC)
joedemax

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe

When it comes to vMix could you define the list of usable commands? Did you implement the whole API command list or just the very basic ones ? Your demo is so fast, I couldn't see if command options are available.

Another question : do you think it's possible to control let's say both an ATEM and vMix at the same time with a single Akai controller for example? I guess not but I could be wrong...

Another one : can I use 2 controllers at the same time (let's say an Akai and a Xbox joystick) to control vMix ? (I know it's possible without Central Control but I'm trying to evaluate if there would be a benefit in doing so with CC)

Does it work if I want to use let's say 2 Akai APC Mini which do not offer the ability to set Midi channels ? Does your solution solve this issue ?

Basically in regards to vMix could you elaborate on the specific advantages your solution offers over the simple fact of using any midi controller directly through vMix ? I see an obvious interest for recycling traditional control panels for vMix use or using Midi controllers with ATEM, but I need to understand better what's the added value for the vMix ecosystem on its own...

Thanks in advance... Hopefully those questions and answers might help starting an interesting thread about Central Control

Bien à toi,
Guillaume de Lafontaine (on FB where we have met already), aka DWAM (in the vMix community)

Hi Guillaume!

I will try to answer all of your questions!

1. API Commands - We implement quite a long list of the vMix API commands directly. There's also the option to send any API command (although you don't get feedback). If there's a command that is missing that you need I will be happy to add it.

2. Yes, you can use one Akai to control both systems.

3. Yep, plug in as many controllers as you like.

4. Yes, you can use multiple APC Minis with Central Control. The only caveat being that sometimes the enumerate in the wrong order, but this is simply fixed by swapping them (or unplugging and plugging back in).

5. In regards to advantages over vMix's already excellent shortcut system, there are 3 main advantages (in addition to some of those I have already mentioned above) with Central Control in my opinion. The first is that Central Control doesn't have to be running on the same system as vMix. We use the TCP api, so you could control a vMix system in another continent using the MIDI control on your desk. The second would be that we automatically handle feedback once a control is mapped, no need to set this up separately. The 3rd is our layer system. This allows you to setup multiple pages on a MIDI controller and switch between them at will. This allows you to get more out of a controller that may not have all the buttons you need!

6. The trial is 14 days long and is avaliable at https://centralcontrol.io/download

Kind Regards,

Joe

joedemax  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 4:04:53 AM(UTC)
joedemax

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: roverradio Go to Quoted Post
Interesting. Would this allow a NewTek TC8000CS to control vMix?

Yep. I use a TC8000CS with vMix.
joedemax  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 4:14:50 AM(UTC)
joedemax

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe

Bien à toi,

Hi Guillaume!

I will try to answer all of your questions as best I can!

1. We have supported for quite a range of vMix command natively, and for those we don't there is an option to send any command (albeit without feedback). If there's something you need that's not in there, please do let me know and I will happily add it!

2. Yep, this is one of the key features of Central Control, it inspired the name in many respects.

3. Yep, this is no problem either.

4. You can use two APC Minis no problem. Ocasionally, they might be swapped but this can easily be fixed by either swapping them around or unplugging/replugging.

5. In addition to some of the advantages already mentioned above, I see 3 main benefits over vMix's already excellent shortcut system. First, Central Control uses the TCP API so your hardware controller (MIDI/ or one of the others we support)
doesn't have to be connected to the vMix system. You could control a vMix system on another continent with the APC Mini on your desk. Second, we handle feedback automatically. As soon as you map a control, if the function in vMix provides feedback
it'll work. The last one is the layering system. With this you can setup multiple pages on a single controller. Ideal if you're short on buttons!

6. Trial is 14 days, and I would encourage you to give it a go and let me know how you get on!https://centralcontrol.io/download

Best,

Joe
tcconway  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 2:31:18 AM(UTC)
tcconway

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks Joe for creating this. Looks amazing!

Can we get a simple how-to to get this up and running with vMix? I'm using the AKAI APCmini just like you have in your demo video.

Questions:
- How do I get the CentralControl to connect with vMix? I've added the my AKAI and vMix devices...but what's next? When I turn on vMix in Central Control, it turns back off.

- What are the steps to connect to actually connect to a remote vMix instance (eg "Steve's vMix")?

Thanks!
joedemax  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:24:23 AM(UTC)
joedemax

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: tcconway Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe for creating this. Looks amazing!

Can we get a simple how-to to get this up and running with vMix? I'm using the AKAI APCmini just like you have in your demo video.

Questions:
- How do I get the CentralControl to connect with vMix? I've added the my AKAI and vMix devices...but what's next? When I turn on vMix in Central Control, it turns back off.

- What are the steps to connect to actually connect to a remote vMix instance (eg "Steve's vMix")?

Thanks!

Apologies for the delay - I don't visit these forums as much as I should. If you check out my YouTube channel there will be more how to coming soon.

To answer your questions:

If you are seeing it turn back off, there is a problem with the connection. Is this a local or LAN connection?

Connecting to a remote instance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is forward port 8089 on your router to the machine that is running vMix, and use the public IP address in Central Control. If you need any help setting this up just send me an email (joe AT centralcontrol.io).

Best,

Joe de Max
Central Control

zlosacker  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:56:40 AM(UTC)
zlosacker

United States

So I've installed this program and started messing around with it, but I have had no luck getting the program to interface with vMix. My setup is two APC Minis added as separate devices within CC, as well as vMix as a device, but I am not able to interface CC with vMix to make it all work. I've added my IP address and port into the vMix device box within CC, and the port is open, but I continue to get "TCP: One or more errors occurred." as my error message. Also, when I have CC open with vMix and try to control vMix, I have no control until I close CC.

My initial issue is that I've tried to use these two APC Minis to control vMix separately, instead of the two devices mirroring each other. Basically, I'm trying to use these two devices in "Extend" mode. If anyone has any insight on what my issue could be, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edit: I got it to work! I guess I had too much information in the IP address box. lol
Tone13  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 8:26:01 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just started playing with Central Control today and liking it so far.

I am trying to control vMix with a Streamdeck to do push to talk functions. In vMix, this is easy. In shortcuts I press 'Find' and hold the button I want to use down (without releasing it) and assign it a 'Bus On' command. I then do another shortcut, press find, select the same button, but this time I press and release it and select a Bus Off command. That way, audio is only being sent to the Bus when holding down the button.
I can't seem to find a way to do this in Central Control. There are options to assign a function to a button on a press but not on a release....or am I missing something?

Cheers
Peter1000  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 11:08:24 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
the versions so far only know button down, write to the people at Central Control. They answer quickly and are very helpful.

I do the same with a small touch screen software.

see topic here:
vMix-Script-Panel