logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aecast  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 9:04:40 AM(UTC)
Aecast

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have been looking at how to identify if a Vmixcall caller is connected and live or disconnected.
The API XML only shows STATE as "Running" from creating the video call.

<input key="5a0d0e85-bddd-4279-bd7c-3925a7e52b51" number="2" type="VideoCall" title="Call 5512658121" shortTitle="Call 5512658121" state="Running" position="0" duration="0" loop="False" muted="False" volume="100" balance="0" solo="False" audiobusses="M,B" meterF1="0" meterF2="0">Call 5512658121</input>

I can see from the Videocall logs (Advance setting) when setting up connection details when a call is made and disconnected. There maybe a way of using the call log to show the connection status, however I have not found the relationship to identify which input video call is linked with the details on the log.
Maybe I'm not finding this info and other have?

What would be simpler is that the State in the XML or additional parameter actually shows the caller connection state. I sure it could be something simple to add and prove to be very valuable for many applications especially when controlling multiple guest callers in a queue system....

I have a potential way of detecting active calls which is a work around but prefer a simple way.

Does anyone already have a solution to this or ideas? I've seen the Vmix Remote app but not quite the solution looking for

mldrexler  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 5:38:31 AM(UTC)
mldrexler

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In the vmix call manager window, upper left corner there is a multicolor bar graph icon. Click this for advanced diagnostics.
Aecast  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 7:51:41 AM(UTC)
Aecast

United Kingdom

Hi Mldrexler,

thank you for your reply, yes the coloured Bars do show status information during the call however you cannot extract the information and use it.

The call manager does show when a call is connected, it turns green so this information is within the vmix program. So it should be easy to save the status as it changes during the call as "connected" or "disconnected" into the API XML status call which currently only shows "Running" which does not seem to change during the call.

Why is this important, well being able to know the call status means you can create many feature control apps around this for example
1) A call manager so you can have a queue of Guest callers and assign them to a open call channel for interviews
2) Or remote control services using VMIX.

I currently have a remote control service working to show a Demo of my company services with VMIX. This is done with a work around by detecting when a vmix call is in use.
Having a direct status from the API call would save several steps I put in place for this.

Its looks such a simple thing to add the call connection status as the call manager already reflects this. Maybe we can +1 this for a simple feature add.

clafarge  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 7:54:22 AM(UTC)
clafarge

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If there's not already a Feature Request for this (not sure if there is, there ought to be... jsut add the feature request and it'll actually help if we "+1" it ;).
Aecast  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 11:34:45 AM(UTC)
Aecast

United Kingdom

added request in new features.