logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guidogast  
#61 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2020 6:38:34 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Groups: Registered
Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MarkyG Go to Quoted Post
Here's my progress so far on getting the M5Stack ATOM Matrix up and running:

When the ATOM is first powered up it will try to connect to WiFi, if successful it will display a green W, if still trying the W will be red. If it can't connect it will drop into Access Point mode and display a blue A.

If this is your first time setting it up, you will connect to the default AP address but you'll need to know what IP address has been assigned to the ATOM. If you press the screen (it's a button too) it will display the IP address it's at so you can switch to that network and log into the ATOM and configure it for your real network and Wifi.

Once you get the real WiFi configured it will start looking for a connection to vMix and flash a red V while it's trying to connect. Once connected it will display a green V and then go into Tally mode.

In Tally mode it displays a full screen of Red, Green or nothing for Live, Preview and Safe respectively.

I have designed the code so that it works on the original M5Stick or the ATOM Matrix.

Almost ready for release - just still doing some final testing.

Great work Mark! If the testing is done, I could refer to your project from my GitHub repo if people are trying to find a solution for the ATOM. Let me know where to link to (I'd prefer a Git-ish (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket) location, so that it's in-line with my open source project). Let me know when you're done. Awesome to see that people are forking it and making it available for more platforms, I appreciate that :)
MarkyG  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 9:11:43 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Progress on the ATOM Matrix Tally Light:

I have completed what I believe to be the final round of testing and I made a few changes to my previous report:

Upon power-up the screen can stay blank for a while, which can be disconcerting, so I added a green P (for power) that displays at power-up until it connects or starts trying to connect.

The green W will display if the Tally Light is connected to a device in Access Point mode. (The red W has been eliminated.) Once you are beyond that and it's connected to your real WiFi network, it will display a red V while trying to connect to vMix. I removed the flashing. If it can't connect to vMix after trying for a few minutes, it will display a blue C prompting you to either Connect or reConnect to vMix. Pressing the screen button while in this mode or while it's connected to vMix will display the Tally Light's IP address, one digit at a time. I also added a brief period of a blank screen in between digits so you can tell if a digit is repeated.

I have now tested these in the real world and I can say that they are working well. Very bright and very visible even over long distances. (Our cameras are about 50-60ft from the talent.)

A final note: We are using NDI cameras with Power Over Ethernet, and they also have a USB port. We aren't using the USB for communicating or getting the stream from the camera, but they do provide power. So that was a very convenient way to get power to the Tally Lights.
thanks 2 users thanked MarkyG for this useful post.
guidogast on 10/7/2020(UTC), DannyGudkov on 11/19/2020(UTC)
guidogast  
#63 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 4:28:37 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Just released v2.0.0:

🚀 Added Plugin Manager
🚀 M5Stick-C PLUS Support
🚀 Plugin for HEX and NEOFLASH HATs
📄 Started using Semantic Versioning

Check it on GitHub
thanks 1 user thanked guidogast for this useful post.
stigaard on 10/9/2020(UTC)
MarkyG  
#64 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2020 6:06:03 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My project for the vMix Tally Light using the m5Stack ATOM Matrix is now live on github. You can see it here: https://github.com/MarkG.../ATOM-Matrix-Tally-Light

thanks 1 user thanked MarkyG for this useful post.
guidogast on 10/9/2020(UTC)
guidogast  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 5:52:14 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Just released v2.0.1:

🐛 M5Stick-C Original should be the default configuration, not the PLUS

Check it on GitHub

I'm working on a pretty nifty feature that allows you to select the wifi SSID using a selectbox rather than a text field. No worries, you'll still able to select a hidden SSID network. Just wait for v2.1.0 😄
guidogast  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 7:14:42 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Just released v2.1.0 🎉

🚀 Select a wifi network from a dropdown instead of typing it in. (Choose Hidden Network to type it in anyway)

Check it on GitHub
guidogast  
#67 Posted : Saturday, October 17, 2020 9:34:05 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Just released v2.2.0 🎉

🚀 Added reconnection interval functionality
📃 Updated documentation
🎨 Improved some styling on Web UI

Check it on GitHub
dbussert  
#68 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 3:26:39 AM(UTC)
dbussert

United States

This project is really cool, thanks for creating this! I have an ATEM switcher, not VMIX, but didn't want to rewrite the tally software you've already done for the different API. I created a simple Node.js TCP server that catches ATEM updates using https://github.com/nrkno...tomation-atem-connection and translates those to vmix TALLY messages. It works great if you don't mind running a simple server as the bridge between the switcher and tally lights.
guidogast  
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:46:12 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Thanks dbussert for your work. However, if you want to use other hard/software, I recommend using Tally Arbiter (http://tallyarbiter.com). It not only connects to the ATEM, but also TriCaster and more.

Working on some feature updates now, expect a new version soon.
streamstuff  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:10:36 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Hello! Thanks to everyone for their work on this project, it's awesome!

However, I am having one issue. Once I connect the M5StickC to my wifi network, I am no longer able to access the web interface. Everything works in access point mode, and once it's connected, it works, I just can't change anything in the web UI. When I try to go to the IP address on the front of the tally, it gives me "Site can't be reached" on multiple devices/browsers on the same wifi network. I am able to successfully ping the IP address of the device.

Any ideas here?
guidogast  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:39:09 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: streamstuff Go to Quoted Post

However, I am having one issue. Once I connect the M5StickC to my wifi network, I am no longer able to access the web interface. Everything works in access point mode, and once it's connected, it works, I just can't change anything in the web UI. When I try to go to the IP address on the front of the tally, it gives me "Site can't be reached" on multiple devices/browsers on the same wifi network. I am able to successfully ping the IP address of the device.

Any ideas here?

That's weird. Maybe try to reboot the device and see if the Web UI can be loaded. It should work when you type in the IP address found on the LCD. 1 known issue is that the Web UI can't be loaded when the stick is trying to connect to vMix. You have to wait on the message that the stick can't connect. At that point, the Web UI is availae again. This is because the chip is single threaded. I can't change that unfortunately. Hope this helps.
streamstuff  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 9:10:31 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Originally Posted by: guidogast Go to Quoted Post

Any ideas here?

That's weird. Maybe try to reboot the device and see if the Web UI can be loaded. It should work when you type in the IP address found on the LCD. 1 known issue is that the Web UI can't be loaded when the stick is trying to connect to vMix. You have to wait on the message that the stick can't connect. At that point, the Web UI is availae again. This is because the chip is single threaded. I can't change that unfortunately. Hope this helps.

I have tried rebooting the device (actually letting it's battery drain all to zero), with the same results. Is there a way to put it back into access point mode without waiting for the battery die? Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I find out the root cause. I don't think I put any value in the reconnect interval... would that mean it's always trying to connect?

*EDIT* - I forced it back by re-uploading the sketch to the m5stickc. I'm still not able to access the web UI via the private IP it spits out, even after setting the reconnect interval to 60.

Attached is a screen shot of the actual message I'm getting in Chrome when trying to access the IP displayed on the LCD. Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 3.40.29 PM.png (32kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Babbit  
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 6:08:33 AM(UTC)
Babbit

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Any ideas here?

I had this problem, and I believe I had to power cycle the unit. Obviously not ideal.

I wound up modifying the handle_save function. At the very end of the function, replace start(); with ESP.restart();

The latter seems to do a proper restart of the unit, and it wound up making the difference for me.
thanks 1 user thanked Babbit for this useful post.
guidogast on 11/5/2020(UTC)
guidogast  
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 8:40:51 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: Babbit Go to Quoted Post

Any ideas here?

I had this problem, and I believe I had to power cycle the unit. Obviously not ideal.

I wound up modifying the handle_save function. At the very end of the function, replace start(); with ESP.restart();

The latter seems to do a proper restart of the unit, and it wound up making the difference for me.

Thanks for sharing! I will implement this in the next release 😄
streamstuff  
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:48:59 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Originally Posted by: guidogast Go to Quoted Post

Any ideas here?

I have tried rebooting the device (actually letting it's battery drain all to zero), with the same results. Is there a way to put it back into access point mode without waiting for the battery die? Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if I find out the root cause. I don't think I put any value in the reconnect interval... would that mean it's always trying to connect?

*EDIT* - I forced it back by re-uploading the sketch to the m5stickc. I'm still not able to access the web UI via the private IP it spits out, even after setting the reconnect interval to 60.

Attached is a screen shot of the actual message I'm getting in Chrome when trying to access the IP displayed on the LCD. Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 3.40.29 PM.png (32kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

As an update here, I tried a few days later... and the web server magically worked. I didn't modify any settings or anything, so maybe something funky was going on with my home router.
guidogast  
#76 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:02:27 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Good to hear streamstuff. I hope that the new version will come out before the weekend hits, it will have numerous updates and enhancements
guidogast  
#77 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 5:23:04 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Just released vMix M5Stick-C Tally Light v2.3.0 🎉

🚀 Better battery performance (Thanks to Irvin Cee)
🚀 Just Live - No SAFE and PRE states, just the LIVE state
🚀 Text or Tally Number Mode - Text (default) will display SAFE, PRE or LIVE - Tally Number just shows the input number
🚀 Unique SSID (Partial MAC Address is now appended)
🚀 More robust restart mechanism (Thanks to Babbit on vMix Forums)

Check it on GitHub
thanks 1 user thanked guidogast for this useful post.
kirik on 11/9/2020(UTC)
Pepsi(~)  
#78 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:31:02 AM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
He Guido,

I just did see the following live stream. Looks like your work... did you put a patent on it?

Pepsi
bezzgeadas  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:02:38 AM(UTC)
bezzgeadas

Man

hello everyone, thanks for the code, I was able to load the code and configure the vmix ip address: but when changing the entry I chose to safe, pre and live the m5stick c status does not change and is always safe. can help.

Thanks
Luís Geadas
mediaMicha  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 6:56:42 PM(UTC)
mediaMicha

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tally Light V01.pdf.zip (1,171kb) downloaded 15 time(s). Tally Light V02 correction.pdf.zip (1,171kb) downloaded 7 time(s).Hello Guido,

first of all thank you very much for the great work. Respect!!!

I have rewritten the software a little bit, that an external LED can be used as signal light. Furthermore the internal LED can be switched off with an external wire bridge. You can use the software with out external LED's, too. Please use this code for future updates. Thank you, so much.

Technically:
The LED cathode has to be connected to ground.
The red LED with G26
The green LED with G0
If G36 is connected to +5V, the internal LED is switched off.
Software adjustments:
At c_MAIN:
// Pin definition for external LED display
#define LEDrot 0 // Red LED
#define LEDgruen 26 // Green LED
#define LEDangeschlossen 36 // at +5V connection (HIGH) the internal diode will not light up during live

added in Setup:
pinMode(LEDrot, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(LEDrot, LOW);
pinMode(LEDgruen, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(LEDgruen, LOW);
pinMode(LEDangeschlossen, INPUT);

Build up a new function void LedOut(int Red, int Green) in this all LED action by managed. And have inserted them accordingly.

You find at the attached PDF Tally Light V02 correction.pdf.zip some examples for LED connection, and from src folder the a_GLOBAL as .zip.

Please have fun with it. Best regards, Michael
a_GLOBAL.zip (23kb) downloaded 7 time(s). Tally Light V01.pdf.zip (1,171kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked mediaMicha for this useful post.
Cyco on 3/25/2021(UTC)