logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KRTW  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:18:24 AM(UTC)
KRTW

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi. NDI is fantastic technology and I hope I can get this working.....I've installed thousands of programs and never seen anything like this. Went to NDI.TV and signed up, got my link, did the download, ran this install and everything seemed to go well. Then I started the app NDI Studio, and it started the install program for my Yamaha ASIO drivers.....yup. Starting NDI Studio ran a program to install Yamaha ASIO drivers, that are already installed....first time I just cancelled the install, but it would not shut down....So I rebooted and tried again....but the install program was still running so I had to power off and remove the battery....then I tried to run the NDI Studio again, and the install started....there were error messages and the install ran forever....I had a show to run, so again shutdown, powered off and gave up.

This is on a PC laptop running Windows 10, all updated. The install program seemed to run perfectly while installing. I joined and posted to the NDI forum...but maybe someone here has an idea. Later today I'll uninstall everything and try again. But wondering if anybody else has seen this weirdness.
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 2:32:40 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Have you checked the computer for viruses?

Apart from that you may want to create a new admin account and redo the installation under the new admin account.

KRTW  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 3:30:52 AM(UTC)
KRTW

Canada

If there's a virus, it came from NDI. Will try what you said...and thanks.