logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tholyoak  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 3:43:16 PM(UTC)
tholyoak

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have an older i7 3770K CPU and I'm using Windows 7 due to a capture card I'm using for audio not being compatible with Windows 10. I'm getting ready to do a live stream this weekend with 3 vMix Callers and 2 local cameras. Ideally, I would do a local recording of the mixed video, plus the cloud recording that is done automatically by Streamspot, plus using the multicorder with the 3 vMix Calls redirected to 3 Outputs. I also have NDI turned on for the main output for monitoring the video mix from another computer (mostly so people can see the vMix callers that they're talking to).

However, in testing I ran into a snag. With all of that turned on, using either MP4 or MPEG2/TS for the recording/multicording, the CPU is maxed out. It does work using the vMix codec, but I only have a 500 GB SSD, and that's not enough space for an all day event.

I guess if I had to, I could just rely on the cloud recording for the video mix, but the quality wouldn't be as good. If I just use the multicorder, though, the CPU doesn't get maxed out. Does having NDI on for the main output also use extra CPU? I haven't tried turning that off yet, but I'd really like to be able to use it so the local people aren't just relying on the audio to talk to the vMix Callers.

I also have an nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 3 GB of RAM, if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!