logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guidogast  
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 2:36:57 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Groups: Registered
Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paul Fuhrmann Go to Quoted Post
Hey GuidoGast what an awesome project.

What protocol do you harvest? On a forum entry from yesterday there was the question how to creatan an tricolor streamdeck button responding to tally data.

But i was unable read out data frrom the webcontroller page.

Hi Paul, thank you! This project uses the vMix TCP API
thanks 1 user thanked guidogast for this useful post.
Paul Fuhrmann on 9/6/2020(UTC)
MarkyG  
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 8:28:50 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This looks awesome and just what I needed. I have ordered my sticks! Glad you added multi-input support.

I'd like to have it just be red when the camera is active. I really don't care about Preview or Safe screens. Is that a hard mod to do? Any pointers?

Have you thought about using the the ATOM Matrix? Looks like it would be nice and bright.
guidogast  
#43 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 5:30:15 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: MarkyG Go to Quoted Post
This looks awesome and just what I needed. I have ordered my sticks! Glad you added multi-input support.

I'd like to have it just be red when the camera is active. I really don't care about Preview or Safe screens. Is that a hard mod to do? Any pointers?

Have you thought about using the the ATOM Matrix? Looks like it would be nice and bright.

Hi MarkyG, It's quite easy to achieve what you want. You'll have to change the setTallyLight function and the setTallyOff function in the d_VMIX.ino file. Do you know your way arround code, or do you need help?
MarkyG  
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 4:00:30 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Originally Posted by: guidogast Go to Quoted Post

Hi MarkyG, It's quite easy to achieve what you want. You'll have to change the setTallyLight function and the setTallyOff function in the d_VMIX.ino file. Do you know your way arround code, or do you need help?

Hi Guido,

Thanks for getting back to me. I know my way around code, but my skills are quite rusty and I've never programmed in C or used the Arduino IDE (yet), but I will have a look at it and let you know. At least now I know where to look!

Mark
MarkyG  
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 4:33:46 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Hi Guido,

I had a look at the code and turning off preview etc. looks pretty straightforward.

What would I need to do to substitute an ATOM Matrix for the M5Stick? Obviously the code that writes strings to the screen would have to be eliminated and the display fills would be different, but I surmise that the base code libraries would need some changes too.

Thanks again,

Mark
guidogast  
#46 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 8:01:19 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Hi Guido,

I had a look at the code and turning off preview etc. looks pretty straightforward.

What would I need to do to substitute an ATOM Matrix for the M5Stick? Obviously the code that writes strings to the screen would have to be eliminated and the display fills would be different, but I surmise that the base code libraries would need some changes too.

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Mark,

With regards to the ATOM Matrix, you'll have to lookup the API for controlling the matrix on the M5Stack website. If you fork my repo and build it in there, you could create a pull request, so I can merge it into my own repo. That way, you can contribute to the project if you want to.

Cheers,
Guido
Pepsi(~)  
#47 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:40:05 PM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi GuidoGast (GuidoDude or GuidoGuest?),

thank you for the solution. It works great.
I like the build of your code.
I will see if i can make some modification to let it work with the m5stack Hex. so it can be used/viewable at a larger distance.
Also if it still runs stable at a lower clockspeed. to get the most out of the battery.

guidogast  
#48 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 11:46:21 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: Pepsi(~) Go to Quoted Post
Hi GuidoGast (GuidoDude or GuidoGuest?),

thank you for the solution. It works great.
I like the build of your code.
I will see if i can make some modification to let it work with the m5stack Hex. so it can be used/viewable at a larger distance.
Also if it still runs stable at a lower clockspeed. to get the most out of the battery.

Hi Pepsi,

Haha, when I came up with it, it was meant as GuidoDude, but that was a long time ago. I should come up with something else 😂

Thanks! I think I'm going to work on a Plugin Manager for this project, since you're the second person to offer to help to contribute. I really appreciate that! But I'd like to keep the code clean, without having all kinds of HAT module code merged with the original code.

Will let you know when I have a decent plugin solution developed.

Groetjes!
Pepsi(~)  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:33:38 PM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Hi Guido,

instead of helping with the code. (I can understand that you want to keep your code clean. I do the same for my code)
Can I offer you to give you a voucher (10 EUR) from a local webstore (NL/NB/Eindhoven) for a HEX with Shipping? instead of a coffee?
in that way it is up to you, if you build something in the webinterface to switch between brighten the internal screen in color or the HEX.
And you do not have to provide your details to me.

Pepsi
guidogast  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 7:22:15 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Hi Guido,

instead of helping with the code. (I can understand that you want to keep your code clean. I do the same for my code)
Can I offer you to give you a voucher (10 EUR) from a local webstore (NL/NB/Eindhoven) for a HEX with Shipping? instead of a coffee?
in that way it is up to you, if you build something in the webinterface to switch between brighten the internal screen in color or the HEX.
And you do not have to provide your details to me.

Pepsi

Thanks for the offer! I think a better solution is to use the NeoFlash HAT. Dirwinc on GitHub has forked my repo and extended it with the code for the HAT. I already ordered the HAT, so as soon as I get it in, I can test the code and provide it with my original code. (As soon as the Plugin Manager is finished)

The reason why I see this as a better solution, is because it's pretty much plug-and-play. With the HEX module you'll probably have to solder to make it work. Which is something I'd like to avoid to keep it as accessible as possible :)

See the code of Dirwin for the NeoFlash HAT at work: https://youtu.be/9jebuJ9OJ-A
Pepsi(~)  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 7:35:53 PM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Hi Guido,

I've seen the HAT.
there are 2 downsides with that.
the M5Stick-C must be placed under the camera (or above.) as a complete unit.

With the HEX. I can print a case. and keep it attached to the Camera. And only have to remove the StickC with the battery case. And I'm able to use 3

The second downside is the price.
6,50 Euro (https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/nl/verlichting/led-matrix/m5stack-neoflash-hat-voor-m5stickc)
to
16 Euro (https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/nl/verlichting/led-matrix/m5stack-neoflash-hat-voor-m5stickc)

I'm still willing to offer a voucher for the good work.
Pepsi(~)  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:57:36 PM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

BTW the HEX is plug and play. the NEOFLASH HAT is the one that requires soldering.
picture.jpg (1,625kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
guidogast  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:08:12 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

BTW the HEX is plug and play. the NEOFLASH HAT is the one that requires soldering.
picture.jpg (1,625kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Awesome! I didn't know it could connect to the stick like that. That's a fault on my part, sorry about that. Once I have the Plugin Manager, I'm definitely open to make a plugin for this HAT.
Pepsi(~)  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:15:35 PM(UTC)
Pepsi(~)

Netherlands

Hi Guido,

It is possible to chain the HEX. and it also offers additional power inputs.
you can also use the same code for the https://docs.m5stack.com/#/en/unit/neopixel

I will send you a PM with a voucher code.
You can spend it on a HEX. or use it for the new M5StickC Plus. (they came in to stock yesterday.)

Pepsi
thanks 1 user thanked Pepsi(~) for this useful post.
guidogast on 9/17/2020(UTC)
MarkyG  
#55 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 3:15:32 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Hi Guido,

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Mark,

With regards to the ATOM Matrix, you'll have to lookup the API for controlling the matrix on the M5Stack website. If you fork my repo and build it in there, you could create a pull request, so I can merge it into my own repo. That way, you can contribute to the project if you want to.

Cheers,
Guido

Hi Guido,

I have downloaded the Arduino IDE and played with it, looked closer at your code. I have installed the ATOM libraries and I see how to add that (and FastLed) to the code. I think I know what to do modify the tally light display code to use the Matrix instead of the LCD. My m5Sticks will not be here for another week or longer, but my ATOMs are supposed to arrive tomorrow (and I'm anxious to play!). Since the ATOM doesn't have an LCD screen, I wondering a few things:

Can I do all the setup from the web interface? Can I hard code the SSID, vMix IP etc. into the source (if I can't do it from the web)? What should I do about the code that displays the various info screens on the stick? Can I just ignore it and it will write to nowhere, or should I just comment it all out so the function just returns? Thanks!
guidogast  
#56 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 10:56:39 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Hi Guido,

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Cheers,
Guido

Hi Guido,

I have downloaded the Arduino IDE and played with it, looked closer at your code. I have installed the ATOM libraries and I see how to add that (and FastLed) to the code. I think I know what to do modify the tally light display code to use the Matrix instead of the LCD. My m5Sticks will not be here for another week or longer, but my ATOMs are supposed to arrive tomorrow (and I'm anxious to play!). Since the ATOM doesn't have an LCD screen, I wondering a few things:

Can I do all the setup from the web interface? Can I hard code the SSID, vMix IP etc. into the source (if I can't do it from the web)? What should I do about the code that displays the various info screens on the stick? Can I just ignore it and it will write to nowhere, or should I just comment it all out so the function just returns? Thanks!

Hi Mark,

Once you've saved information using the Web UI, the variables in the code are overwritten by the settings in the preferences library. As of this moment, there's no way of clearing that data. Maybe that's something to add in a future version. As for the LCD specific code, you'll have to try that for yourself. Commenting it out makes the most sense I think. That way you can be sure that no unsupported API is being called.
guidogast  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:25:47 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Good news, I've worked on the compatibility of the M5StickC-Plus and I've worked on the Plugin Manager. Both POCs (Proof of Concepts) succeeded. Expect a new major version release somewhere in the next 2 weeks.
thanks 1 user thanked guidogast for this useful post.
Pepsi(~) on 9/29/2020(UTC)
MarkyG  
#58 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 8:43:33 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Hi Guido,

I have got the basic code for the ATOM Matrix working. Rather than try to comment out all the code that wasn't relevant to the ATOM,I decided to just add on the new code so it works with either platform.

Since there is no text-rich screen on the ATOM, it relies on connecting to the AP for setup (unless you hard code the variables), then to the assigned IP address for further setup. I am going to have it display a blue A when it is in AP mode, then a green W when WiFi is connected. (Haven't done this yet.) Tally mode shows a full screen of red, green and black (off).

One problem is figuring out the IP address it gets assigned by the router if you don't have access to the router's admin interface (or the nice display). So I have added code that will show you the assigned IP address, one digit at time (slowly), when you press the main (and only) button (the screen). I have that working, just have to make sure it's detected in the proper screens. I know it works when the tally screen is active, but I want to make sure it works when vMix is not connected.

BTW, I have the m5Sticks working great at my installation!! Buying you a coffee!
thanks 1 user thanked MarkyG for this useful post.
guidogast on 9/28/2020(UTC)
guidogast  
#59 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2020 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Hi Guido,

I have got the basic code for the ATOM Matrix working. Rather than try to comment out all the code that wasn't relevant to the ATOM,I decided to just add on the new code so it works with either platform.

Since there is no text-rich screen on the ATOM, it relies on connecting to the AP for setup (unless you hard code the variables), then to the assigned IP address for further setup. I am going to have it display a blue A when it is in AP mode, then a green W when WiFi is connected. (Haven't done this yet.) Tally mode shows a full screen of red, green and black (off).

One problem is figuring out the IP address it gets assigned by the router if you don't have access to the router's admin interface (or the nice display). So I have added code that will show you the assigned IP address, one digit at time (slowly), when you press the main (and only) button (the screen). I have that working, just have to make sure it's detected in the proper screens. I know it works when the tally screen is active, but I want to make sure it works when vMix is not connected.

BTW, I have the m5Sticks working great at my installation!! Buying you a coffee!

That's a good solution Mark! Glad it's working for you :) Massive thanks for the coffee!
MarkyG  
#60 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 9:40:54 AM(UTC)
MarkyG

United States

Here's my progress so far on getting the M5Stack ATOM Matrix up and running:

When the ATOM is first powered up it will try to connect to WiFi, if successful it will display a green W, if still trying the W will be red. If it can't connect it will drop into Access Point mode and display a blue A.

If this is your first time setting it up, you will connect to the default AP address but you'll need to know what IP address has been assigned to the ATOM. If you press the screen (it's a button too) it will display the IP address it's at so you can switch to that network and log into the ATOM and configure it for your real network and Wifi.

Once you get the real WiFi configured it will start looking for a connection to vMix and flash a red V while it's trying to connect. Once connected it will display a green V and then go into Tally mode.

In Tally mode it displays a full screen of Red, Green or nothing for Live, Preview and Safe respectively.

I have designed the code so that it works on the original M5Stick or the ATOM Matrix.

Almost ready for release - just still doing some final testing.