logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluesky  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 12:52:48 AM(UTC)
bluesky

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am setting up the system for streaming, and just introduced new laptop (HP Zbook 15 G6) as third NDI source.
Now I have 3 laptops as NDI sources and one main one with vMix 4K (HP Omen 17).

I am able to mute sound/speakers via keyboard on other two laptops without affecting NDI signal (i.e. used to preview/listen the audio easily), while on the new laptop if I mute the sound/speakers it also stops/mute sound as NDI source in vMix. The only workaround is to put headphones in the new laptop and use it that way, which is not ideal as I am already using another/main headphones for master computer with vMix. Also, we working in a small room with other people, so muting laptop speakers is essential.

Note: Double-checked all the settings and they are the same on all the laptops...(all laptops are using vMix Desktop Capture, etc.).
Other two laptops are Zbooks, a bit older versions. The only hardware difference I can see is that new laptop sound card is Realtek, while other laptops are Conexant ISST Audio). Got a vMix installed on Zbook G6 (potential backup) and Omen 17. If I reverse the setup, and use Zbook G6 as main and Omen 17 as source, there is no issue, as I can mute Omen speakers without muting Omen's NDI feed/input. Omen 17 also uses Realtek soundcard. Ideally I would like to use Omen as my main one (got it few days ago!).
Most likely something to do with Zbook G6 network and/or audio settings? What can it be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
dec33  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 1:43:50 AM(UTC)
dec33

United States

Hey I just ran into this same issue. Did you find a solution?

Laptop in question:

ASUS - 15.6" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 512GB SSD - Fortress
bluesky  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 9:20:00 PM(UTC)
bluesky

United Kingdom

No 'solution'. I am sorry.

I've ended up using my Zbook G6 as main vMix computer.

Note: The potential way around is maybe using external (USB) soundcard. Some, like Scarlett 4i4, have main volume control + separate volume control for headphone output. That could work.
mavik  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 4:02:49 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Use the windows sound control settings and the windows volume mixer. I can imagine that if you simply set a single source to zero it might make a difference.
bluesky  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 4:15:32 AM(UTC)
bluesky

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Use the windows sound control settings and the windows volume mixer. I can imagine that if you simply set a single source to zero it might make a difference.

FYI... tried it today, as I have Teams recording tomorrow where I need to record three speakers in full screen for 45min meeting/interview/chat.
(was trying/testing that NDI recording software - Livemind). Normally I do OBS screen pre-record when one speaker only, etc, with vMix desktop capture recordings as a backup. Tomorrow I will try Teams NDI output & third-party record (on a spare computer) as well as vMix NDI inputs/records.

Still the same issue with that particular laptop (Zbook 15 G6), volume/mute/sound directly controls NDI sound output as well. So I need to put it 90-100% (very loud) to get clean level/feed at the other end.
G3, G4, Omen17 all OK. No issues.

Thanks