logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
w7psk  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 12:22:40 PM(UTC)
w7psk

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Very new to VMIX and streaming and Ive been on the team developing our Streaming for our Church. I know we need to upgrade to at least HD
as I need the inputs to be more than 4. BUT, here is our issue.

We create a stream for YOUTUBE so we can send the link out on Tuesday or Wednesday to the congregation to watch the Sunday service (we are not worshiping in person yet)
But, when I go to our channel then youtube studio, then Videos, then live streams and click on it. I copy the password and put it in VMIX, it connects to the stream, but
the link we sent out still says waiting for Faith Lutheran. But Im seeing the stream as live. Today we had to use our backup laptop with the link and the web cam which
is not what we want to do.

Im also researching how to have a permanent link in youtube but Im coming up lame on that.

So anyone have ideas?

I did a search of the forums and have not seen a similar yet.
sparkyjcm  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 12:29:33 AM(UTC)
sparkyjcm

United States

I'm fairly new to vmix as well but saw that no one has responded to you and thought I'd give it a shot.
So it sounds like you want to record a service on Sunday, then send it out to the remote watchers a couple of days later. I believe when you set up the stream like you did in YouTube and start it on YouTube, it's waiting on you to go back into vmix to start the stream there as well. This, however, will then be a live stream, if that's what you want. If not, I would just use the record function in vmix to record the service locally to your drive, then upload it to YouTube later and send out the link when it's up.
w7psk  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 12:35:36 AM(UTC)
w7psk

United States

Originally Posted by: sparkyjcm Go to Quoted Post
I'm fairly new to vmix as well but saw that no one has responded to you and thought I'd give it a shot.
So it sounds like you want to record a service on Sunday, then send it out to the remote watchers a couple of days later. I believe when you set up the stream like you did in YouTube and start it on YouTube, it's waiting on you to go back into vmix to start the stream there as well. This, however, will then be a live stream, if that's what you want. If not, I would just use the record function in vmix to record the service locally to your drive, then upload it to YouTube later and send out the link when it's up.

Not pre-record. We want to start a stream during the week so we can email everyone the link but on Sunday when we do the live show have VMIX connect to Youtube and stream on the one we created.

If that makes sense.
mavik  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 3:47:53 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
You can create the event in advance and set a date to publish. On the publishing day you then need to connect the encoder and send the stream. YT and other platform support this.