logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danwinst  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 12:55:16 PM(UTC)
danwinst

Groups: Registered
United States

Having only 4 outputs is very limiting. In the age of COVID and social distancing; we are working in a remote workflow utilizing SRT to send streams to different sites instead of everything being co-located in a production room. With this we are using 6 and even 8 outputs and truth be told we could use up to 10 easily. We mainly use SRT and send different views via SRT to various sites for producers, support, hosts, and more as confidence monitors, but since outputs 1 and 2 are slaved to other functions this is very limiting. adding 2 more SRT outputs would help and adding 4 more would just be awesome!

We have gotten around some of this with hardware work around, but it is expensive and cumbersome.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 4:55:09 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danwinst Go to Quoted Post
In the age of COVID and social distancing;

Please stop !!

Quote:

We have gotten around some of this with hardware work around, but it is expensive and cumbersome.

That's the cost of wanting more.

if they don't fit in one minivan you need more of them or you need to get a big bus ;-)

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
elvis55 on 8/31/2020(UTC)
MartLeib  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 8:54:37 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
If you are in desperate need, then just output 4K NDI of 4 views and use 4 OBS instances to stream each of them. No hardware required whatsoever. This way your Output 3 and 4 will give you 8 SRT outputs in total. How are you going to manage the audio is up to you.
thanks 1 user thanked MartLeib for this useful post.
danwinst on 8/31/2020(UTC)
danwinst  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 10:23:25 PM(UTC)
danwinst

United States

MartLeib, thanks for the idea. I'll look into this option, but it would still be nice to have the extra outputs built in natively rather than piece-mealing it together through hardware or even other software other means.

And, Doggy, I get that finding a way to deliver more function or a work around "is the cost of wanting more". But this is a feature enhancement forum and this is a feature enhancement that I would like to see added.
MartLeib  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 1:03:15 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danwinst Go to Quoted Post
MartLeib, thanks for the idea. I'll look into this option, but it would still be nice to have the extra outputs built in natively rather than piece-mealing it together through hardware or even other software other means.

And, Doggy, I get that finding a way to deliver more function or a work around "is the cost of wanting more". But this is a feature enhancement forum and this is a feature enhancement that I would like to see added.

You can get creative with that 4K output as well. If 720p output is fine for talent etc. then you could fit 9 SRT streams into one NDI output. Of course, if each of them had their own audio or mix minus, then 9 feeds would use 5 audio buses (if mono is acceptable). You have 9 buses available in total (Master, Headphones, A-G), that makes 18 channels of audio. Not stereo pairs, but mono channels.

Or you could send out 2x1080p and 3x720p.