logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Darryl  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:59:43 PM(UTC)
Darryl

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This feels like a newbie issue even though I have been using vMix for years! On the master output, moving the fader up and down has no impact on the volume, however the headphone volume level does change it. I have always left this section at vMix defaults so both the Master and headphone are sending to the default Windows output device. Because they are both the same, I am confused as to why they behave differently. Previously I have adjusted levels on the individual channels, not the Master, so this hasn't surfaced. What am I missing here?

TIA
Darryl.
Darryl  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 5:39:58 PM(UTC)
Darryl

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Some further information after investigations:

It seems it isn't a problem with the fader, but vMix isn't connecting to a Windows audio device. I have a Bluetooth speaker as well as the inbuilt speakers on my laptop. Connections to the inbuilt speakers are OK. It appears to connect to the Bluetooth speaker, but when looking at the Windows "mixer" vMix doesn't show as a connected device. However if I set a vMix bus to Windows default and set the Windows default to the Bluetooth speaker, it will work. I can set the vMix busses to internal speakers and the internal headphones, and both work as expected, including the Master and Headphone busses. The Bluetooth speaker however gives the right appearance inside vMix, but the Bluetooth speaker is seeing vMix as a connection.

Darryl

Hancoc1k  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2020 8:06:09 PM(UTC)
Hancoc1k

United States

Thanks for addressing this topic. I was looking for the information regarding the same LiteBlue. Keep sharing the info, kudos.
kmiller  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2021 9:48:13 PM(UTC)
kmiller

Man
France

Thanks for sharing. I have sound FX directed to a sub Bus of the Master Bus, with a separate RTPC with the same range 0-1 which maps to the same graph 0--200 volume. In unity editor, I see the values changing as expected as the settings sliders are moved 0-1

The music volume changes as expected, but the SFX barely changes volume.

If I connect to the Wwise profiler tool, I can see the test sounds being played, but the volume is only varying by a small amount, +-12 barely audible difference...

Does anyone know why, please?
Boazxavier00  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 11:31:52 PM(UTC)
Boazxavier00

Albania

Originally Posted by: kmiller Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for sharing. I have sound FX directed to a sub Bus of the Master Bus, with a separate RTPC with the same range 0-1 which maps to the same graph 0--200 volume. In unity editor, I see the values changing as expected as the settings sliders are moved 0-1

The music volume changes as expected, but the SFX barely changes volume.

If I connect to the Wwise profiler tool, I can see the test sounds being played, but the volume is only varying by a small amount, +-12 barely audible difference...

Does anyone know why, please?

It appears it's anything but an issue with the fader, yet mix isn't interfacing with a Windows sound gadget. I have a Bluetooth speaker as well as the inbuilt speakers on my PC. Associations with the inbuilt speakers are OK.
or you can contact the customer care center or go to the service center.
I hope this was helpful