logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankLeggett  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 7:14:22 PM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, is there way to fade off the countdown when to reaches or soon after it reaches zero. I use a countdown at present which takes the time from a excel spreadsheet. I use the following formula to generate the data =CONCATENATE("{0:",F2, "PM|mm:ss}") for the countdown and the time of the race is in the cell F2. Each event the time is different so the value in F2 changes. What I would like is for the countdown text to go off when or shortly after it reaches zero.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:36:52 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
trigger oncountdowncompleted
FrankLeggett  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 12:11:37 AM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

United Kingdom

Hi Doggy,

Unfortunately this won't work as I want to automate this for about 10 events a meeting so I pull the time in from a cell in an excel spreedsheet. To use the countdown trigger I need to fill the countdown entry box with a time which I can't fill from a datasource.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 1:50:47 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

assuming i understand your goal

on the one hand your are displaying "countdown to hr" in a title (not a real countodwn
the f2 is the time your are counting down to

what if you enter the f2 time to a hidden field that can be read in a script to process the timing from there compare to the real time also and tell the title to fade out at time reached ( or shortly after)
FrankLeggett  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 2:12:16 AM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

United Kingdom

Thanks again for the reply.

At present I change to time that the countdown stops at in Excel in cell "F2" on the sheet.

In another cell "F3" there is a formula which takes the time i.e. "2:00" and concatenates it with =CONCATENATE("{0:",F2, "PM|mm:ss}") which creates the following result in the new cell {0:3:00PM|mm:ss}

Then in the Title Editor I allocate the text line in the Title file to the "F3" cell which Vmix then shows as a countdown.

What I would like to happen is shortly after the countdown reaches zero I would like the overlay with the countdown on it to fade off.

If I understand what you are saying you are suggesting running a script which reads the hidden field as a time and when the real time is greater then that value then trigger Overlay Off. To do this I would need to load the spreadsheet or at least the cell containing the time into a VBScript which at present is beyond my very limited ability to write VB.Net.

Or did you mean something else by hidden field?
doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 2:44:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

by hidden field i mean basically a regular text field but that is not visible. Is used to send a variable ( the time ) to the script
You have the time in your excel and the one transformed so the data source linking would be enough for all the data in the title
Mind you tie would have to be your computer time :-)

the scripts reads that and does its thing , when the time of day is reached sends the fade function to the title

There are a few examples in the scripting for dummies post that would do that (with adjustment)