logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TobinT  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 5:53:57 PM(UTC)
TobinT

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi all,

So recently had a show that involved 8 vmix calls and a bunch of media all running on AWS. Everything was absolutely normal until the last two calls joined the event. From that point onward I was getting crazy render time spikes (from sub 15ms to over 500ms). The logs are unhelpful in that they just say that the render time spiked, but not what's causing that spike. I'm now aware of another system (7 calls on AWS) with a similar issue.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts or ideas as to what might be causing it?

Thanks!
Ryan Salazar  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 11:36:07 PM(UTC)
Ryan Salazar

I'm curious if you were doing a peer-to-peer connection (meaning, did you have the "peer-to-peer" button checked in the vmix call window inside of vmix? The reason I asked is that I experienced something similar last weekend. I was able to get about 6 callers on, but ALL of the calls would randomly freeze at the same moment. I confirmed that our WAN connection was completely stable and never went down. We then discovered that we didn't have the proper firewall settings to do a "peer-to-peer" call, so the changes were made yesterday. I'm not quite sure if that did the trick, but I'll know this saturday when we do another stream.
Soulhome  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:31:17 AM(UTC)
Soulhome

Ryan, what changes did you do to your firewall?
jb-uk  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 6:43:00 AM(UTC)
jb-uk

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Ryan Salazar Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious if you were doing a peer-to-peer connection (meaning, did you have the "peer-to-peer" button checked in the vmix call window inside of vmix? The reason I asked is that I experienced something similar last weekend. I was able to get about 6 callers on, but ALL of the calls would randomly freeze at the same moment. I confirmed that our WAN connection was completely stable and never went down. We then discovered that we didn't have the proper firewall settings to do a "peer-to-peer" call, so the changes were made yesterday. I'm not quite sure if that did the trick, but I'll know this saturday when we do another stream.

Hi Ryan - did you see any improved results with this?
TobinT  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 7:24:39 AM(UTC)
TobinT

Belgium

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi all,

Just thought I'd wrap this up. The issue is now believed to be linked to the memory leak that was fixed with patch 23.0.0.66.