logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MattCoull88  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:43:47 AM(UTC)
MattCoull88

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Many users re-use vMix Call passwords as creating new ones for multiple daily events would be very time consuming as well as confusing for the presenters.

Because of that, we are exposed to the rare but possible chance of another caller possibly logging in and kicking off the caller that is live.

We desperately need to have a way for the operator to confirm whether or not we agree to replacing the vMix caller.
A simple "Replace caller 123456789?" would be great and would take the stress out of re-using passwords.

Thank you very much!
thanks 3 users thanked MattCoull88 for this useful post.
Rafael Gil M on 8/19/2020(UTC), DT_HRE on 8/22/2020(UTC), Av-Service on 10/3/2021(UTC)
AudioGreg  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 8:08:39 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
+1
niemi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 9:25:30 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
+1
Paul Camino  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2020 2:27:37 AM(UTC)
Paul Camino

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
+1, this has been brought up multiple times. It would be good if we could have a secondary password that is user defined so that other people can't jump into a call that's already established.

Another alternative is to at least. Not allow someone else to join into a call that already has a connection. Its first come, gets locked in. Since the vMix operator can force a disconnect if someone else needs to use that particular a particular password.
AndrewRed  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 2:28:33 PM(UTC)
AndrewRed

+1
Av-Service  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 4:38:19 PM(UTC)
Av-Service

Germany

+1
thickrichard  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 1:21:24 AM(UTC)
thickrichard

+1
Aecast  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 7:58:37 AM(UTC)
Aecast

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi replying to this post as similar to another, though no solution in VMIX itself below may be a option for you to look at:-

this may help you,
ideally you dont want to send any of your clients VMIX Call links,
easier to have them visit a login screen where they are then queued and you can then admit them into the call in two ways,

1) display a button to click on to open the link
2) Have then turn of their popup blocker (System has ways to assist with this) and admit them to the call directly opeing the call for them

visit post
https://forums.vmix.com/...emote-Production-Control

and try RProducer, here you can can admit people to any of your call channels and no link sharing thus avoiding the issue of people reusing links and knocking people of a call
Also saves a lot of hassle with link creation and emailing everyone.

You can also brand your own interface for the client to visit and access the system in own language, and provide a exit page after their call as you can also close their calls and send then onto a followup page.

any questions please post
Ramos55  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2021 7:46:11 PM(UTC)
Ramos55

United States

Originally Posted by: MattCoull88 Go to Quoted Post
Many users re-use vMix Call passwords as creating new ones for multiple daily events would be very time consuming as well as confusing for the presenters.

Because of that, we are exposed to the rare but possible chance of another myccpay caller possibly logging in and kicking off the caller that is live.

We desperately need to have a way for the operator to confirm whether or not we agree to replacing the vMix caller.
A simple "Replace caller 123456789?" would be great and would take the stress out of re-using passwords.

Thank you very much!

Great job. I've been using this a lot in the past few weeks. Actually sent out green screen kits to folks across the country to do our own live background. It can be a bit of a headache at times trying to keep everything organized like who is getting what feed, etc. We had some callers getting output 3 and others getting output 4. I setup a super source that had a producer in a small box and the prompter in a larger box, and others seeing the guy presenting and the prompter, etc. Do you know of a way to monitor those outputs? Ideally I'd like to see them in the multiview so I can confirm the caller is getting what I want them to be getting. But I don't see that in the MV's dropdown menu. One way I've found a way around this is to also join in on a call from a phone or another machine and send it the same output so you have a "confidence" monitor of sorts. But as you know there's only so many calls you can add.
filipe.shakeit  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 9:36:24 PM(UTC)
filipe.shakeit

Portugal

+1

Vmix call is great. Need's to get a lot of common functionalities that other sistems have.
This is a small thing but gives a big headache.
marcofab  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2023 7:18:56 PM(UTC)
marcofab

Man
South Africa

+1

I often do Q&A sessions with large groups of students viewing on YouTube, I want to be able to post the call link in the YouTube chat but I know that would result in multiple people calling in at the same time. Ideally I should be able to disconnect a call when I am ready in order to free it for the next student
Victor Lp  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2023 3:21:27 AM(UTC)
Victor Lp

France

+1
ggaaarrryyyy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 3:09:19 AM(UTC)
ggaaarrryyyy

United Kingdom

+1