logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aprilrain84  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:07:50 AM(UTC)
Aprilrain84

Groups: Registered
Woman
Canada

Hello,

I will state my desktop computer system set-up. The computer runs Windows 10 (64Bit), a AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 graphics card. I am using the Camlink 4K capture device and ElgatoGame Capture HD60S to work around using 2 CamLinks which would require changing the motherboard of our desktop (as we only have 1 3.0 Root Hub).

CAMLINK ISSUES:
-Sometimes it shows up from the drop down menu, sometimes it doesn't. At times when it doesn't show up, I have to restart the computer, after doing this, the Camlink shows up in the drop down options under CAMERA.

Elgato Game Capture HD60S ISSUES:
-Firstly, Upon setup, when I click configuration, it shows that no capture device is found, even though I am able to input the camera via the Elgato video through my Vmix software.
-Secondly, the profile option in the configuration where I am able to select what resolution I would like to stream in is not clickable, it's all greyed out.
-Thirdly, a software update pops up asking me to update to the newer version 3.70.46, when I click "Install Update" a small white box with no text, just a red X sign pops up. I am therefore unable to update to a newer version which apparently enables better streaming.
-The video from the Elgato freezes and glitches. I then have to close it and add this input again

I have contact ELGATO customer service and their reply is that "It appears that your system is below the minimum system requirements and the performance issues you have been experiencing may likely be a result."

I then called Canada Computers where our desktop was purchased as it was built from scratch specifically for our streaming and I was told that our CPU and Graphics card is of a more updated version that what is required to run Camlink and Elgato (4th generation quad‑core Intel Core i5 CPU (i5-4xxx or comparable) and Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series) and he is puzzled why I am being told to downgrade.

So I am asking, are my issues related to my system requirements? Is my system set-up below or above what is required?
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:33:42 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Your system is below what you should be running for vMix.

An AMD FX-6300 does not have very good benchmarks compared to newer hardware. Older AMD, non Ryzen CPUs more than likely won't work with any kind of consistency running vMix. 3rd Gen AMD processors can be used. I have system using AMD FX-9590 which has much higher benchmarks than an FX-6300 but I would not use it for vMix.

If you have the funds, look for a motherboard with more than one USB 3 Root Hub, and can handle some of the newer Intel CPUs, or Gen 3 AMD.
Aprilrain84  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:22:26 PM(UTC)
Aprilrain84

Woman
Canada

Originally Posted by: SportsNetUSA.net Go to Quoted Post
Your system is below what you should be running for vMix.

An AMD FX-6300 does not have very good benchmarks compared to newer hardware. Older AMD, non Ryzen CPUs more than likely won't work with any kind of consistency running vMix. 3rd Gen AMD processors can be used. I have system using AMD FX-9590 which has much higher benchmarks than an FX-6300 but I would not use it for vMix.

If you have the funds, look for a motherboard with more than one USB 3 Root Hub, and can handle some of the newer Intel CPUs, or Gen 3 AMD.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am planning on bringing the computer in, hopefully the upgrade won't be too pricey!