logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moblproductions  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 12:00:08 PM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Groups: Registered

I use the virtual set's zoom and pan feature quite a bit specifically to pan my camera through a group of virtual audience. Sometimes while panning, I'd like to be able to stop the movement at a particular frame and I'm hoping there's a way to do that.

Currently if you press any of the other option (full, mid, close or costume), the camera stops for a moment before going towards the new direction. I'm wondering if there's a way to freeze the camera for a designated time or till instructed to resume movement. Right now I simply click back n forth between 2 of the options to keep it steady but that too does not always work effectively. Any tips or shortcuts, trigger combination that might accomplish that? Thanks in advance guys.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:23:35 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
The only solution I can think of is : use a real studio and a real cam-op ! ;)
elvis55  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 7:56:05 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Create a Virtualset. Then right click on the gear and "Create Virtual Input". You can therefore create several "virtual inputs". Give each virtualset a meaningful name. In this way you can program different camera settings in each virtual set. For the transition from preview to output, set the same duration speed with Merge as with Zoom from Virtualset. With 3 Virtualset you have 12 different camera settings.
You can create virtual sets according to your needs.

thanks 1 user thanked elvis55 for this useful post.
Moblproductions on 8/6/2020(UTC)
Moblproductions  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 10:47:27 PM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Thanks, elvis55, I was already doing something similar but was wondering if there was a better way to stop on the dime instead of creating a bunch of sets
Moblproductions  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 3:05:54 AM(UTC)
Moblproductions

In a virtual set, If I pan to the right (MID) and during the motion I pan left (CLOSE). The motion pause for about a second before resuming to intended direction. I assigned both movements to 2 different keys and If I keep tapping back and forth, I can get the motion to stay in place till I stop tapping. Any suggestion on how to automate this action? I'd also appreciate other suggestions. Thanks!
Joeboe  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 3:57:45 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
There are four camera positions in a virtual set...you can go into each and set the amount of zoom, pan, or any movement you need, and if you need more, just do a virtual input of that set, and do the same with each of the four camera positions, and that will give you eight positions.....I do that often, and I will then use the merge transition and it looks ok to me....
dmwkr  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 4:05:17 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
There is also the Virtual PTZ option:
https://www.vmix.com/help23/PTZPanTiltZoom.html

Don't know if it works on a Virtual Set and fits your needs, but you could try. (You need 4k or Pro edition of vMix.)
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
Moblproductions on 8/7/2020(UTC)
Moblproductions  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 4:42:18 AM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Thanks Joeboe. I've tried that but sadly it does not work for my intended application. I use the camera angles to pan across a virtual audience connected via zoom. I have the pan set to 50 ms so that it goes slow enough to avoid visual discomfort or dizziness. The duration of the merge transition to second virtual set I believe max out at 9ms which is way too fast for this application.

Also I can not always tell the precise location where i would need to stop pan before hand. As the camera pans through the audence, my talent would randomly call on a person in the audience and at that moment, i need to be able to pause the camera movement until their dialogue concludes and the pan can resume.
Moblproductions  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:09:32 AM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Is there a shortcut or trigger function to quickly change the speed of the pan / zoom movement of virtual sets?
ask  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 9:20:55 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Moblproductions  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 10:23:21 AM(UTC)
Moblproductions

Thanks, Ask. I've looked through that list already but did not find anything close. Wondering if I missed anything