logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<4142434445>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JAIRODJ  
#841 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:58:13 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
@elgarf
Hi, the detail and the powerful thing about UTC is that it can be used from another PC, that is the plus - the magic that the application has (it is what makes it wonderful), that's why I dared to suggest incorporating visual data ... with what you would practically work without depending on the data added in vMix (datasource)

Regards
elgarf  
#842 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 4:46:53 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 129 post(s)
I saw, that all likes push buttons, so I've added them) check Examples directory in archive.

Downloads
Universal Title Controller (updated 31.07.2020)

Changelog
thanks 1 user thanked elgarf for this useful post.
Chircanu on 7/31/2020(UTC)
Joeboe  
#843 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 10:43:19 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I love this app, but like from the very first post, I am wondering why up until now, no one has ever come up with a GUI for this.....I wish I knew how to code....I would like to see a GUI, similar to Panel Builder for this app...that would make it less bulky and more like a true control surface.....but other than that, it is a wonderful app....just needs a nice GUI
DWAM  
#844 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 11:10:21 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I love UTC precisely because it does not go into the graphical way of presenting things. I use Panel Builder for some projects when graphical interface matters but I use UTC for many others things when functionnality is more important than the look of it. A tool does not need to look nice when it's powerful and efficient.

What I would like to see implemented in UTC is a dynamic way of managing inputs for widgets. I hoped the global variables would allow this but unfortunately it doesn't.

For example when you create a whole series of widgets, instead of setting them for a specific input in vMix, you can set it for a UTC managed input which would refer to a vMix input.
So basically you could do something like this :

- define a set of UTC inputs as variables
"MyUTCInput1" is any input in vMix
"MyUTCInput2" is any input in vMix
"MyUTCInput3" is any input in vMix
etc...
We could set this in the settings page or by creating specific widgets for this.

- now we can create widgets using the "MyUTCInputX" reference instead of a fixed input in vMix

This way everything would be much easier to update. For example I just wrote a UTC template to manage all vMixCalls aspects, so I have around 80 widgets (8 inputs x 10 commands). All these inputs are set for specific vMix inputs which by definition change for each project.
So to keep using it, I have to update my 80 widgets each time. That's time consuming and very frustrating.

It would so much easier if I could design my UTC project with dynamic inputs for my widgets. In 2 seconds I could say: OK today I need these 10 widgets to work for this specific input in vMix and it's done. And so on... No more need to update each widgets...

My 2 cts... Elgarf, if you can do this it's be great !
elgarf  
#845 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 11:51:38 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@Joeboe, I try make GUI as simple as possible and keep style like in vMix, soooo no 3d buttons, etc. =(
@DWAM,
That's why I started with input numbers, instead of GUID's. But UTC goes in another way (somebody asked me for GUIDs, maybe it was you).
What if there will be "Remap" function? It will scan all widgets, and let you select replacement for inputs, that are not found in preset.

I'll think about it anyway.
Joeboe  
#846 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 12:26:18 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I understand that it is made as simple as possible....but 3D buttons are not important....just simple buttons....where the user can add a PNG icon to help in identifying items....and as DWAM said, I wish I could decide which input I want my widgets to link to, rather than having them in the same order as in vMix, as any time I adjust the placement of an input, I have to re-do UTC to match the vMix layout, and that can be very time consuming when you have many widgets linked to a specific input......but, like I said...was using this app from the time it came out, and am please with how it works....j
DWAM  
#847 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 1:31:16 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
That's why I started with input numbers, instead of GUID's. But UTC goes in another way (somebody asked me for GUIDs, maybe it was you).

Yes it was me... Inputs numbers would cause issues anyway as soon as we add or move inputs in vMix so I don't think it could be a solution.

Quote:
What if there will be "Remap" function? It will scan all widgets, and let you select replacement for inputs, that are not found in preset.

I'm not sure, could be a way of doing it...
I don't think storing inputs mappings in memory or even in a file is a big deal anyway, it's not different than global variables which widgets know they must check when we press the button.
elgarf  
#848 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:42:48 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@Joeboe, you can add icon to button in UTC. There also can be different icons in released and pressed states now. I don't include default icons into UTC, because can't find good ones and don't want take them from Panel Builder, because it's unfair.

Not sure about input linking, you can link input to field/button/etc., move this input in vMix, and all will work.
Problems starting when you want to use controller with another preset, where input keys are differ, so you need re-link all widgets, and this is pain, I understood)

@DWAM, I think, I made global variables available into inputs selector/mapping. That's not hard, but there is a lot of helpers to select input, title number.

Now I just add features (that I've seen in Panel Builder or somewhere else), but looks like someday UTC should be rewritten in better way)
Joeboe  
#849 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 7:25:38 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Originally Posted by: elgarf Go to Quoted Post
@Joeboe, you can add icon to button in UTC. There also can be different icons in released and pressed states now. I don't include default icons into UTC, because can't find good ones and don't want take them from Panel Builder, because it's unfair.

How ho I add the buttons... I can easily design my own in Photoshop and add them....and maybe, if I get them working will even post a sample, but I want to know how to add them...

Thanks...

elgarf  
#850 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:47:25 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Check "Image" property of button widget.
Look at ButtonsDemo into examples directory.
elgarf  
#851 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 4:09:07 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@DWAM, variables, started with "@" should be visible in scripts and input mappings now. Try it.

Universal Title Controller (updated 01.08.2020)

Changelog
thanks 1 user thanked elgarf for this useful post.
DWAM on 8/1/2020(UTC)
DWAM  
#852 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:53:04 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
@DWAM, variables, started with "@" should be visible in scripts and input mappings now. Try it.

Wow! That's great Elgarf! I will try asap, that's for sure ! Thank you so much !

Just to make sure :
- I use the Global Variables feature to set the inputs I want dynamic, like
myCall1 = {GUID}
- Then I use @myCall1 in the widgets input fields

Right ?

Do I have to use the GUID or simply the name of the input?
elgarf  
#853 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 10:22:50 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Code:
@myCall = GUID|Number|Name

It will appear as additional input into title mapping/script builder with all text/image indexes, if this input is title.

Variable name must start from @ symbol, this is just mark for UTC to put variable in input list, because not every variable is refer to input.
DWAM  
#854 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 10:50:29 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Variable name must start from @ symbol

Oh thank you for this precision, it makes sense
chococrispis35  
#855 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:12:43 AM(UTC)
chococrispis35

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Elgarf

In the button properties I can select the vmix entry that I want, but I cannot modify it quickly when in use,
sometimes in news you need to select an informative note or video,
but there are too many buttons for each video, you can add a button with selectable input list to select quickly the desired video and be ready to send it to the output

thanks

David Beltran
chococrispis35  
#856 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 4:41:28 AM(UTC)
chococrispis35

InputButton2.jpg (1,330kb) downloaded 6 time(s). InputButton.jpg (1,219kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
elgarf  
#857 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:03:18 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@chococrisps35, I made small changes into XmlDataProvider, so as workaround you can look into InputSelector example.
You can move DataProvider to Data page of layout, so it shouldn't take so much space.

Downloads
Universal Title Controller (updated 04.08.2020)

Changelog
chococrispis35  
#858 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 2:32:50 AM(UTC)
chococrispis35

DWAN

A question, I read about the input variables, instead of seeing all the inputs, can you generate a list with those that are video or mp4 files, list of images?
It can be done ?
how?

Thanks
David Beltran
elgarf  
#859 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 2:15:34 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@chococrisps35,
You can make specific XPath selector for that
For video:
Code:
./vmix/inputs/input[@type="Video"]/@number|./vmix/inputs/input[@type="Video"]/@title

For video and images:
Code:
./vmix/inputs/input[@type="Video"]/@number|./vmix/inputs/input[@type="Video"]/@title|./vmix/inputs/input[@type="Image"]/@number|./vmix/inputs/input[@type="Image"]/@title
chococrispis35  
#860 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 3:54:01 PM(UTC)
chococrispis35

elgarf

is there an API input select category? so that it gives me the inputs of those categories (all, red, green, blue)
If there is, how can I do it?