logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bkdzlamp  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:03:52 AM(UTC)
bkdzlamp

Groups: Registered

Ahoy -

We are using a Decklink 4k Extreme with an SDI camera input and I am trying to use the card's HDMI output as an External Renderer.

Now, when vMix is up and running and the SDI input is added, the HDMI output of the Decklink shows the camera feed. But, that feed is not actually mixable, it's just the camera (even switching the output on the Fullscreen tab doesn't switch this display). If/when vMix is closed or the Input is not active in vMix, the camera feed does NOT show up on the HDMI display.

Whenever I Start the External Output I get the error -

"The selected External Renderer Device is in use or does not support the selected format. Please check your External Output settings and try again.
StartStopExternal.Decklink Video Render
No combination of intermedia filters could be found to make the connection."

I thought maybe I could disable output on the Blackmagic Design Control Panel and that would allow vMix to take over to do it's thing, but there isn't even an option to disable it.

Our goal is to essentially use vMix for IMAG in a live setting with the program out on one projector then a different selectable input (using the Fullscreen tab) on a second display.

Any ideas? We're likely going to be switching to a Decklink Quad so we can have more than one SDI input into this thing and get a separate card for HDMI External output, but we want to make sure this setup works.

bkdzlamp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:08:09 AM(UTC)
bkdzlamp

I went back and read your documentation on DeckLink cards

Quote:
Important Note: Each Intensity and DeckLink card can only perform one task at a time, either Capture or Output.
To capture and output at the same time you will need two or more devices, one for each.

I suppose this is the problem! Thanks.

It is strange though that I'm still seeing video on the HDMI out, even if it is just the camera feed...
jip  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:39:50 AM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
bkdzlamp wrote:

It is strange though that I'm still seeing video on the HDMI out, even if it is just the camera feed...

I think Decklink cards use the output port to put through the input signal. That is seems to be the case at least with Decklink Duo card.
Egriswold  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:28:56 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Yes the BMD cards will pass input to output.This is call pass through or feed through. This feature allows you to see what's coming in. Very helpful if the capture device doesn't have a monitor or if you need to feed multiple devices.