logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VVEPBrian  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:24:13 PM(UTC)
VVEPBrian

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got a PTZOptics 30x Zoom PTZ camera to test with VMix for a semi-permanent install at a University Chapel. I thought one of the best things is that I could set two PTZ cameras up in the balcony, and store virtual input positions for each camera at all of the key places they'd be framing. Tight Podium, Center Stage medium, wide, etc.

Connecting and controlling the camera was easy and without issue. Problem is that after I turn off the PC and/or camera, none of the positions I had set in the previous project settings work. Every virtual input is just the camera back at it's home setting when you turn it on. I actually think all that I have to do is close and reopen the VMix project - the settings are all gone.

Is this just the expected behavior with VMix, and if the client wants to use it they'll need to re frame all of the shots every time the computer is shut down?
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:53:10 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Have you changed the size of your inputs?

see https://forums.vmix.com/...esets-are-lost#post75844
VVEPBrian  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:59:54 AM(UTC)
VVEPBrian

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I didn't try looking at the input size but I will. I don't know why the input size would have changed, because I know I didn't make any alterations - but I'll scope it out. Unfortunately, I have to wait for another camera before I can test. The camera I bought didn't have NDI, and I was also testing to see how well it would work with IP Streaming. I found the IP streaming latency to be too difficult to work with. I'd get it synced with the audio, but it would drift in and out of sync. It didn't seem to be a consistent delay that I could correct for.

So when the NDI model arrives I'll give it a go.

Thanks.