logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
streamstuff  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 7:24:22 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Groups: Registered

I am running vMix on a high powered g4 EC2 instance, and I regularly see audio and video go out of sync in the vMix interface when receiving multiple vMix Calls. Interestingly, it only effects some of the callers, while others stay in perfect sync - I would expect it to be consistent across all the callers since when streaming or recording the material, everything is in perfect sync. This persists across multiple remote desktop clients including Teradici and Parsec. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any ideas?
ask  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 10:36:02 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: streamstuff Go to Quoted Post
I am running vMix on a high powered g4 EC2 instance, and I regularly see audio and video go out of sync in the vMix interface when receiving multiple vMix Calls. Interestingly, it only effects some of the callers, while others stay in perfect sync - I would expect it to be consistent across all the callers since when streaming or recording the material, everything is in perfect sync. This persists across multiple remote desktop clients including Teradici and Parsec. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any ideas?

If you do a recording on the EC2 instance and is the audio still out of sync in the recording? If not it would suggest something else is in play. We are all learning about using vMix in the Cloud and on EC2 atm.

streamstuff  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:05:06 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post

If you do a recording on the EC2 instance and is the audio still out of sync in the recording? If not it would suggest something else is in play. We are all learning about using vMix in the Cloud and on EC2 atm.

If we do a recording, everything is in sync. Same goes for outbound streams. It just seems to be in the vMix UI itself.
ask  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 3:13:28 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)

If we do a recording, everything is in sync. Same goes for outbound streams. It just seems to be in the vMix UI itself.

So if that is the case, it sounds like the issue is with Teradici. I understand that you need to dial in the audio on that tool. Perhaps have a look at the settings you can adjust.
streamstuff  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 3:33:30 PM(UTC)
streamstuff

So if that is the case, it sounds like the issue is with Teradici. I understand that you need to dial in the audio on that tool. Perhaps have a look at the settings you can adjust.

This is also happening on Parsec, although it’s better than Teradici. It’s tough to tell over RDP but I’ve seen it happen there too. This makes me think it’s not related to how I’m connecting.