logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DwFMagik  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 9:52:19 AM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I've been tasked with hosting a live event that will have a camera feed from Germany (sent to us via Teams or Skype and will be screen grabbed in vmix) and another in Australia (local SDI camera feed) that is to be streamed to 4,000 delegates around the world.

Initially, I was going to use Youtube as a platform and direct poll (screengrab) and the live chat for audience interaction.

However client has just requested a registration and/or login system so that they know who has accessed the stream.

Has anyone got any experience with streaming platforms that offer a 'login' type system, perhaps with polls intigrated - that can be viewed on android, iphone and computer?

Many thanks!
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 3:11:05 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
This is usually done through web design/scripting.

You could definitely use Vimeo and password protect, Dacast also has a tool to process login.

You best best is a web designer who can set you up with a database driven sign in/ login.
DwFMagik  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 3:53:31 PM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Originally Posted by: Vince Beck Go to Quoted Post
This is usually done through web design/scripting.

You could definitely use Vimeo and password protect, Dacast also has a tool to process login.

You best best is a web designer who can set you up with a database driven sign in/ login.

Thanks for your reply;

Unless I've misunderstood, how would a password on vimeo allow me to distinguish the names of the people who are confirmed watching the stream?

I also don't want to be manually creating accounts for over 4000 people, many of which won't know how to login as they're a very wide range of technical abilities.

Ideally, I guess I'm looking for a platform where a 'Enter your name' pops up, then when they type it in and click 'go' the stream will start. (and polls within the same page).

I've called out to streamingvideoprovider and a few others, but would love to hear ideas on how best to do this!

thanks!
stigaard  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 4:20:22 PM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
TwentyThree.net is a CDN that got this functionality on what they call "engagements".
On the TwentyThree platform you setup a live stream event to require the viewer to enter name, email, and other desired details.
Heads up - TwentyThree is not a cheap solution - it is targeted large corporations. Starts from around € 699/month as I can see from their website.
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 6:11:27 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I do this very often for corporate clients. There are many solutions going from easy (thus cheap) to very complex and secure (thus expensive). In general my clients want to get a file with names and email addresses (and sometimes more info) of those who watched the livestream and they agree to pay a little extra for this but they don't require 100% accuracy/efficiency/security. Otherwise they usually know how to do this themselves on their own infrastructure.

The easiest and cheapest way to do this is :
- stream to YT with "Unlisted" mode
- create a landing page on your web server which has a basic form with defined and required fields to fill in order to get the YT livestream link (either to be clicked on or with auto redirection). Data from this form is saved in a database.

The client only communicates on this page URL prior to the livestream so that the expected audience is forced to sign in to watch the stream. Sometimes the client wants to embed the video on their own website (in hidden mode) or on mine which offers a little more efficiency as a script can check whether the form was filled or just checking the page's referer.

Here's a very basic example : http://www.dwam.com/erasmus/webinar1.php
MartLeib  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 7:09:14 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Contact me at mart@television.ee I run exact service that you are looking for.

Stream can be password/login/register/payment etc. protected, each viewer is recorded with watch time, device, location etc. Basically whatever the client needs, we have or can add.