logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cindy Drozda  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:45:03 AM(UTC)
Cindy Drozda

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I sound like a newb. I am using vMix with 2 webcams and 2 Canon camcorders. The older HV20 was going through an EZcap device, the new HFR70 through an ElGato Camlink 4K. After months of everything working fine, suddenly the HFR70 shows lagging, jerky, video in the output window. After doing a couple of rounds of resetting the camera, unplugging and replugging, restarting the computer, off and on the computer, and everything I could think of, I switched HDMI capture devices. HV20 on ElGato, and HFR70 on EZcap. Video from both cameras looks great. Switched back again, and the HFR70 is lagging again. Also, I notice the preview window shows a "pixelated" movement when objects move, whichever camera is connected to whichever capture device. The output window looks great.

Does anyone have any idea what suddenly happened?

Thank you!
Oneearthree  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 9:14:09 AM(UTC)
Oneearthree

Groups: Registered
United States

Cindy, I have the same problem. The only solution I found that works is to lower the resolution down a notch. 1080 is always getting the lag and stutters. As soon as I move it down a notch it seems to clear it up very nicely.