logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 1:42:23 AM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Groups: Registered
Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

Currently I need to add Zoom Call to my Streaming, but as I think more about it, both Zoom & vMix Streaming is using Internet Upload & Download right? Does it interfere with each other? What is the best practice? Should I use 2 PC with different Internet Connection? How to join the Zoom PC to vMix PC?

Thanks a lot.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 3:29:35 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
It mostly depends on one critical information you did not say and we cannot guess : what's your internet connection type and speed? Both can work fine on the same line if your line is fast enough.

Regarding how to use zoom and vmix, there are countless topics about this in this forum, as well as many tutorials on YouTube and the internet, so please search a little by yourself first and come back here for help when you have at least started to try.
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
gpdipalmerahtimur on 7/27/2020(UTC)
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 12:44:08 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ gpdipalmerahtimur

As DWAM mentions, it is generally perfectly acceptable to be using up and down simultaneously.
It is kind of like a divided highway you can have a traffic flowing smoothly both ways, or a traffic jam on the east bound lanes and clear sailing on the westbound, they are typically independent. The issue will be the bandwidth and service provider you have (internet plan) and the overall capabilities of your computer (it is sometimes better to not overburden your vMix PC With too many tasks).
Please note, many of the Advanced users on this forum, like Guillaume (DWAM), are not only very knowledgeable and helpful, but are also very passionate about vMix and this platform and can sometimes come across as harsh but I can assure you that that is not their intent, it is just their way of encouraging all users to use the tools available to them to find answers to the questions they have.
In many ways, so you can understand their frustrations, it’s like someone asking you for the time when you are standing under a clock, it’s easy to forget that they are asking because they don’t know where to look.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
gpdipalmerahtimur on 7/27/2020(UTC)
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:40:29 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
In many ways, so you can understand their frustrations, it’s like someone asking you for the time when you are standing under a clock, it’s easy to forget that they are asking because they don’t know where to look

Thank you for translating my wrongly perceived "harshness" into kind words Greg... Note that I gave directions to look anyway...
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 5:40:37 PM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Dwam & Greg,

It's all good, just took some time for me to understand. Actually we can use ZOOM LIVE Streaming feature, so we just need to send Video & Audio to ZOOM via NDI Virtual Input on a separate ZOOM PC. Then we will only need to worry about ZOOM connection.

Thanks in advance.