logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
um@equilive.dk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:16:26 PM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Groups: Registered

I have been using VMIX for controlling bigscreens during a major indoor horse event in denmark the last couple of years. VMIX is the perfect choice for this task. On the showground I have a perfect working LAN, both cable and wireless. Traffic is segmented on different VLAN, for closed ADMIN, SCORING and GUESTs.

In 2014 I would like to be able to broadcast my bigscreen signal to different areas on the showground. I know that it is possible to have VMIX stream directly to a service on the internet, but how can I have the service internally in my LAN.

I would like to have multiple PC's with fx. VLC Media player installed, and have them listing to a multibroadcasted signal which comes from my VMIX and shows the same picture as on the bigscreens in the main arena.

It will be OK to have a dedicated broadcast computer, so the load is keept of the VMIX station.

I need it to work as my local TV broadcast station during the event - but cannot figure out the streaming part.

Best regards
Ulrik
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:59:04 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
you can use wmv streaming and pickup the stream on the network with something like vlc player.

works good. just enable internet access.

greetings, stefan