logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jrossman  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 5:59:25 AM(UTC)
jrossman

Groups: Registered
United States

COVID-19 has given me the opportunity to engage a self-taught, crash course in video streaming. :) So far, I've been able to keep things simple and VMix has been pretty intuitive. However, as we begin to ponder the move from just streaming, to having both a local audience and a web audience, things are getting more interesting.

I have attached an image showing our current set up. My only challenge is this: I need to be able to have the local audience and web audience both hear video playing in VMix. However, when I allow the sound to go out into the room via speakers, the mics in the room pick it up and I have a loopback. The solution is probably obvious to those with experience. Any suggestions on how to approach the issue would be appreciated.

setup2.png (33kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 6:02:45 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
a sound engineer with appropriate equipments
LouKohley  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 6:37:25 AM(UTC)
LouKohley

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This sounds like a technician will be required to operate the equipment.

Muting the mics while the video plays is the obvious solution, then turn them back on when the video ends. A sound technician would do this.

LOU
Joeboe  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 7:01:58 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LouKohley Go to Quoted Post
This sounds like a technician will be required to operate the equipment.

Muting the mics while the video plays is the obvious solution, then turn them back on when the video ends. A sound technician would do this.

LOU

Not always...I do a one man stream sometimes, and never had to use a sound technician to mute or turn on sound...... and it is easy when you know what you are doing....that is why vMix has triggers....I streamed a live show for many weeks, with commercial breaks and live entertainment breaks, and I alone was dealing with all ...

I had triggers set that when I cut to commercial breaks, all other audio is muted.....when the commercials are finished, it triggered an intro to que the presenters, and at the end of the intro, a trigger to unmute the presenters and guests mics, as it cut to the presenters camera..I then would do my video switching as if I had a sound tech. there.........for the live entertainment break, the same thing....it is all about knowing what you want to achieve, and knowing what to do to achieve it...set your triggers to do what you want.......I never had a single issue, mainly because as I set a trigger, I tested it, then add another, tested and so on until I had what I wanted....everything takes time....
LouKohley  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 7:23:02 AM(UTC)
LouKohley

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So what would you like to accomplish then?
Edit: sorry on my phone. More to say.

Is the issue that you have mics open during the video playback portion?

LOU