logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Varnell UMC  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 4:07:32 AM(UTC)
Varnell UMC

Groups: Registered
United States

I am having some issues connecting our Behringer X32 to the computer and vMix. I cannot get any sound to show up in the computer, but especially vMix. The mixer is connected to the computer via a USB cable from the X-USB card in the mixer, but the mixer is also connected to the network. I can use X32-Edit across the network and can completely control the mixer from the computer.

I have downloaded the X-USB ASIO driver from Behringer and it shows it is connected to the mixer. I have gone into vMix and and tried to add an input (Add Input -> Audio Input). There are two options I have tried: IN 1-2 (BEHRINGER X-USB) and X-USB ASIO Driver. There are no Audio Channels if I select IN 1-2 (BEHRINGER X-USB). I have multiple options for Audio Channels if I select X-USB ASIO Driver, and I have tried In 7 + In 8 because I have set up the where all the inputs I want to hear are being sent to buses 7 & 8. Nothing.

I have even tried downloading and installing the ASIO4All driver to no avail.

We did tried connecting the XLR bus sends to the audio input of the computer, and it worked, sort of. The sound was very weak and there was a lot of static.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Varnell UMC  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 5:10:04 AM(UTC)
Varnell UMC

United States

OK. After working on this for a whole day, I finally had a duh moment and realized that the Audio Channels I can select are actually the individual inputs on the mixer! But, there are still some major issues. I still did not find out how to have what is already mixed on buses 7 & 8 come into vMix though. This also doesn't allow me to hear the Aux Ins on the mixer either (computer, CD player, USB thumb drive, etc). I have also noticed the inputs are active all the time, even if they are muted on the mixer. I really don't want the person running vMix to have to re-mix the sound since we have a sound technician that already does that.
mavik  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:45:15 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
The X32 should be very similar to the XR18. Take a look here.

It may answer your questions or solve some of your issues.
Varnell UMC  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 11:05:09 PM(UTC)
Varnell UMC

United States

I haven't seen anything like that in vMix for the X32. All I have found so far is that I can add a simple input from the mixer from one channel or pair of channels from the mixer (not the bus mixes).

The person in the video said something about X Air application. Do you know if that works for the X32? That was not one of the applications I found on Behringer's site for the use with the X32. X-Edit was the program that kind of looks like what I see in the video, but it seemed to just controlled the mixer from the PC and I did not see how I could add that program into vMix. I am just so unfamiliar with all this that I know I am missing something simple.
mavik  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 11:31:24 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
The XR18 and the X32 are build on the same hardware platform. At the back of your X32 there should be a 32 channnel USB Audio Interface card in the slot next to the mains connector. Make a USB connection between console and PC and voila you have 32 I/O on your computer. It works the same with the XR18.

Go to https://www.behringer.co...B1855ABD?modelCode=P0ASF on the right hand side select the driver and download the appropriate for your OS.

Next time please google yourself. Too easy.
Varnell UMC  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 9:32:31 PM(UTC)
Varnell UMC

United States

Mavik,

Just FYI, I had done everything in your last post before I posted this topic. Just for this one issue, I had spent two days researching on the internet, vMix forums, and Behringer website. I downloaded and installed the drivers multiple times (just to make sure I had the right ones). I tried everything I found and could not find the answer I was wanting. I had just went through a self taught/researched crash course in the X32 and vMix over the last week, and was just looking for some guidance. I only post anything in a forum or on a website when I reach a point of frustration most people couldn't handle.

Thanks for your help.
DThompson55  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 10:54:39 PM(UTC)
DThompson55

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The video was very helpful. After installing the X-USB ASIO driver from the Behringer site onto the Windows box running VMIX, we connected our X32 (Producer version) over USB. Then we added an audio input on VMIX and it let us assign it to any of the available output channels. We were able to narrow down the selections from the output mapper on the X32. So now we have stereo pairs of 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, which is all we need for now. The X32 is definitely something we'll grow into.

If you do not install the X-USB driver but rather keep the older ASIO driver, it will only give you two available channels. If you only need two output channels, then the X32 is probably overkill for your application,