logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JW  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 8:35:40 PM(UTC)
JW

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Everytime when I load another profile and go back to the original profile all the buttons have different strings.
So everytime I have to adjust all my shortcuts in vMix.

How can I fix the button strings in a profile?
JW  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 9:46:27 PM(UTC)
JW

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Already solved.

I loaded my saved (exported) profiles by double clicking them like I do with my vMix presets.
But this isn't working with the Stream Deck, the profile is then loaded as a copy-profile with new button strings.

When I select my profiles from the Elgate software menu then all the buttons have the same strings.

The Elgato import/export profile system is a bit confusing.
Tone13  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 10:24:27 AM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JW Go to Quoted Post
Already solved.

I loaded my saved (exported) profiles by double clicking them like I do with my vMix presets.
But this isn't working with the Stream Deck, the profile is then loaded as a copy-profile with new button strings.

When I select my profiles from the Elgate software menu then all the buttons have the same strings.

The Elgato import/export profile system is a bit confusing.

I'm having a similar issue I think. Problem is, I don't really follow how you solved it. I have duplicated the Profile and renamed it in the Elgato software but this hasn't kept the same button ID's for me.

I have a vMix preset for a show I have done. I am now building a smaller version of the same show and saving it as a new vMix preset.

On the Streamdeck software, I have copied the Streamdeck profile from the large show (eg: Morning show v1) and renamed the copy as Morning Show v2.

I now want to remove inputs from vMix for the smaller, simpler show and remove some of the Streamdeck shortcuts while keeping some as well as the new show has far fewer inputs.

The problem is, that on the new vMix preset, none of the shortcuts work with the copied Streamdeck Profile. Pressing 'Find' in vMix when editing shortcuts does nothing. All the buttons seem to have new strings even though I copied the Streamdeck profile.

Is there any fix for this? I really don't want to have to re create ALL my shortcuts on the streamdeck.

Thanks
Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:22:48 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Here’s what you need to do.

Project 1: Export Shortcuts to your project folder.
In Streamdeck software, do a backup all to your project folder.

Project 2: Start working from the same Shortcuts and streamdeck profile. But then do a separate export of your shortcut and backup your streamdeck profile to this particular project.

When you need to get back to project 1, import your project 1 shortcut and restore project 1 backup in Streamdeck software.