logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aaron LPH  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:12:03 AM(UTC)
Aaron LPH

Groups: Registered
Singapore

Hi All,

I have a situation now and I hope somebody can help me through this issue.

I have a vmix pro running at location A but the speaker wants to control his slides from his side which is at location Z. I do know that the Web controller works on the same network.

I have create a forward and back shortcut button for him. The only issue is he can trigger andforward his slide himself from his home sweet home.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks all!
Geoff B  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:58:25 PM(UTC)
Geoff B

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aaron LPH Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

I have a situation now and I hope somebody can help me through this issue.

I have a vmix pro running at location A but the speaker wants to control his slides from his side which is at location Z. I do know that the Web controller works on the same network.

I have create a forward and back shortcut button for him. The only issue is he can trigger andforward his slide himself from his home sweet home.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks all!

This works, you just need to open port 8088 to his IP address. As him to go to here and give you his IP address. Then follow your router's documentation to open port 8088 to that IP address. You might also have to allow the connection in your computer's firewall.

And then on his end, he opens your IP address:8088
octaviasmith32  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:38:16 AM(UTC)
octaviasmith32

India

The Audio Mixer can be detached from the main vMix window by clicking the Pin button.
To dock the Audio Mixer back again, click the Minimise button of the detached Audio Mixer window. Outputs The Master audio mix is displayed here alongside Bus A and B if they have been configured. there are multiple versions and software Heddphones volume can be configured independently by spinning the Headphone volume control knob. vMix allows for up to three independent audio buses to allow for complex audio routing scenarios including mix minus. M is the Master or Default audio mix and is sent to Recording, Streaming and External Output.A, B and B are two additional audio mixes that are sent to the A and B Audio Output devices configured in the Audio Outputs settings window. Click the M, A or B buttons underneath each input to configure each independent each mix. By default all new inputs will be sent to the Master mix only.
Paul Fuhrmann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:06:39 AM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hey I would Figure out a VPN Connection to your guest.

So the controller thinks he is in the same network.
Other method: Your Guests helds the PPT from his computer and streams the presentation (build in feiature of Powerpoint) you can grab the Stream as an input in vMix.

@geoff:

can you send an example adress of your idea?
My Knowledge of IP is that the guest can only send packeages to your router, but then the router dont know how to forward and to whom the commands.

I would realy like to learn more if you are already using this method. How about the security Side?

greetings Paul.
NewsworthyVision  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 8:26:41 AM(UTC)
NewsworthyVision

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I got this working recently.

1. Go here: DDNS.net - Create a free account and setup a name for your hostname
  2. Download the "Dynamic Update Client" and log into your new NO-IP account through it. It will now keep track of the PC you're running it on and tie your Public IP to your ddns account
  3. All you *should* have to do now is ensure that port 8088 is forwarded to your IP from whichever router you're connecting to from your PC. Works for me, though I had to change my residential internet to have a static IP, as it was "double NAT'ing" my connection, which screws things like DDNS.

Best of luck
Geoff B  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:55:36 AM(UTC)
Geoff B

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paul Fuhrmann Go to Quoted Post
Hey I would Figure out a VPN Connection to your guest.

So the controller thinks he is in the same network.
Other method: Your Guests helds the PPT from his computer and streams the presentation (build in feiature of Powerpoint) you can grab the Stream as an input in vMix.

@geoff:

can you send an example adress of your idea?
My Knowledge of IP is that the guest can only send packeages to your router, but then the router dont know how to forward and to whom the commands.

I would realy like to learn more if you are already using this method. How about the security Side?

greetings Paul.

Paul, a VPN would certainly work. But you don't need to do that much work.

Opening the port on your side is going to vary depending on your router. If you Google "how do I open a port on xxx router" you should find something. You can either open that port to all inbound traffic (not recommended) or open it just for the IP address where your collaborator is.

They just need to open a web page that's http://[your ip address]:8088

You can also use a DDNS service like noip.com, but nowadays ISP's don't change your IP address very often, so it's probably not necessary.

Aaron LPH  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 11:50:43 PM(UTC)
Aaron LPH

Singapore

okie guys. thanks for all the reply. i will look into it!!! thanks for all the input. meantime all stay safe!!!