logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
briandavids  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 8:05:10 AM(UTC)
briandavids

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
While it seems that 4 outputs is enough, I am running into limitations with only 4. I would like to have at least 6 and up to 8. I know I can get around this with a second vMix and NDI, etc., but having this in one machine would be very handy. I also understand that there may be some technical issues depending on the power of the machine. Machine strength should be a user problem and should not keep the additional channels from being added. It's like Audio busses. They are there if you need them.

My issue is that I am doing a bunch of vMix Caller work. Since vMix Calls don't record well using Multicorder I need to use outputs to solve the problem. My issue is I have 4 callers and 1 Master and that would require 5 outputs. That forces me into NDI and another machine, running another copy of vMix.

Ideally I would love to do the following:
Output 1 - Master
Output 2 - Caller 1
Output 3 - Caller 2
Output 4 - Caller 3
Output 5 - Caller 4

Along with this I would like to see access to more external outputs. The above would solve the internal record problem, but I would love to be able to send these callers out SDI to external recorders. Right now there are two. 8 external outputs would be ideal since most SDI cards don't have more outputs than that.

I know vMix was designed for streaming, but the truth is I work in broadcast and although I have vMix machines for streaming, they are more often being deployed as a video switcher and video recorder. Recently of course vMix Call has been used non-stop for productions and we need to record program but also each iso for an edit bay.

b
thanks 3 users thanked briandavids for this useful post.
Aaron Rebbeck on 6/8/2020(UTC), schrojo on 6/15/2020(UTC), vvcvvc on 7/13/2020(UTC)
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 3:47:50 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Since you work in Broadcast, you know that reliability is essential. Martin has explained many times that what you ask for is not technically reliable so far...

However, since you work in Broadcast, you know that a complete workflow is always built on several equipments, there is never a single machine that does all the job.

You can do what you want very easily with NDI and a 2nd host, either with vMix or other NDI 3rd party apps like those from Sienna for example
http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/overview.html
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
briandavids on 5/30/2020(UTC)
briandavids  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 12:24:06 AM(UTC)
briandavids

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you DWAM. I know what Martin has said. I just want to keep the request out there. CPU and Graphics change constantly, and when possible, I would love the features to be added. This wouldn't be a request if I could record a vMix Call through Multicorder reliably. Thanks for the link. I haven't used any Sienna products yet, but I have been reading my way through their products.
Aaron Rebbeck  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 9:01:45 PM(UTC)
Aaron Rebbeck

Australia

I have often thought that if you could send a Input to a caller you could create a multiview that has the required look. It the input could also be one of the new M/E's which would add alot of fictionality. This may be the same as adding a input in the back end and not "technically reliable"....It would be so handy though
Manny Sangha  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:16:54 AM(UTC)
Manny Sangha

Canada

Originally Posted by: briandavids Go to Quoted Post
While it seems that 4 outputs is enough, I am running into limitations with only 4. I would like to have at least 6 and up to 8. I know I can get around this with a second vMix and NDI, etc., but having this in one machine would be very handy. I also understand that there may be some technical issues depending on the power of the machine. Machine strength should be a user problem and should not keep the additional channels from being added. It's like Audio busses. They are there if you need them.

My issue is that I am doing a bunch of vMix Caller work. Since vMix Calls don't record well using Multicorder I need to use outputs to solve the problem. My issue is I have 4 callers and 1 Master and that would require 5 outputs. That forces me into NDI and another machine, running another copy of vMix.

Ideally I would love to do the following:
Output 1 - Master
Output 2 - Caller 1
Output 3 - Caller 2
Output 4 - Caller 3
Output 5 - Caller 4

Along with this I would like to see access to more external outputs. The above would solve the internal record problem, but I would love to be able to send these callers out SDI to external recorders. Right now there are two. 8 external outputs would be ideal since most SDI cards don't have more outputs than that.

I know vMix was designed for streaming, but the truth is I work in broadcast and although I have vMix machines for streaming, they are more often being deployed as a video switcher and video recorder. Recently of course vMix Call has been used non-stop for productions and we need to record program but also each iso for an edit bay.

b

+1
MycroBeat99  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 5:08:42 AM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1

We do not waste money on equipment (which in some countries costs a lot of money than the minimum wage on economy) to be surprised to only use that equipment halfway or less.

Maybe at the first stage will be available all 4 Outputs available on vMix on External instead only on NDI or SRT or recording only.
vvcvvc  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 6:38:47 AM(UTC)
vvcvvc

Man
Estonia

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1
Paul Fuhrmann  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 5:22:41 PM(UTC)
Paul Fuhrmann

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hey,

You can send Cameras and Callers with the additional NDI checkbox. So you dont waste the Outputs for creating Caller NDI Signals.

You may think of using an NDI router (Software) e.g. from SiennaTV (MAC) and Crate NDI inputs from the router back to flexible.

Also Considering using an 10Gbe Nic. 8NDI streams use the full bandwich of an gigabit connector.
And there is also bidirectional
traffic for callers going on.

Maybe this can help you.

Greetings Paul