logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Robmix  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 7:22:21 AM(UTC)
Robmix

Groups: Registered

I have an Omen laptop, Geforce GTX 1060, intel i7 8750 @ 2.2Ghz, 16 GB RAM. I want to run vMix on it and accomodate 3 "call ins", in addition to a local camera (blackmagic feed coming in via usb-c). My internet has 20 MB upload.

Conceptually, will this work or is this not an acceptable system for vMix? I need to turn a project around quickly and will obviously test extensively.

We have been using OBS for these projects but are looking to move to a new platform (for stability). Thank you!
mikebrown  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 6:23:09 AM(UTC)
mikebrown

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: Robmix Go to Quoted Post
I have an Omen laptop, Geforce GTX 1060, intel i7 8750 @ 2.2Ghz, 16 GB RAM. I want to run vMix on it and accomodate 3 "call ins", in addition to a local camera (blackmagic feed coming in via usb-c). My internet has 20 MB upload.

Conceptually, will this work or is this not an acceptable system for vMix? I need to turn a project around quickly and will obviously test extensively.

We have been using OBS for these projects but are looking to move to a new platform (for stability). Thank you!

One of my vMix laptops has pretty much the same specs and I have done more complicated shows than that on it!

As always though, the only way to be sure is to download the trial and build the show and test test test!

Make sure you test as close to real-life as possible, meaning make use of the encoder and test the vMix call in guests as well.