logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 4:16:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Introducing advanced.vmixcall.com
(URL updated 8 October 2020)

We've been working on a few updates to the vMix Call web site based on user feedback which you can find at the beta web site above.
As this is a beta it is subject to change at any time!

System Requirements

This beta is for Chrome and FireFox on Mac and Windows PCs only.
It is not supported for use with mobile devices as they currently do not support screen sharing via a browser.

Features

* Settings (cog) button can be used to select camera and microphone and also disable some audio
features such as echo cancellation, automatic gain and force stereo, handy for users sending music to improve quality.

* Screen sharing button (monitor button) can be used to switch between the selected camera and screen sharing.

Known Limitations

* Screen sharing sends at the resolution set by Windows or OSX.
So if your display is set to a high resolution this will impact frame rate and/or quality.
Therefore we recommend reducing the resolution in Windows and or OSX display settings.

* Screen sharing will request the display and/or window to select only once per call.
This makes it easy to switch between camera and screen quickly when the call is running, but if you need
to change displays or windows, a reconnect to the call is required.

Feedback

Feel free to report bugs and suggest features here.
Please note we are not accepting requests for 1080p support at this time, as it does not provide a good experience in browsers
for the vast majority of webcams and computers.
thanks 23 users thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 5/18/2020(UTC), rudyengels on 5/18/2020(UTC), AVStream on 5/18/2020(UTC), elvis55 on 5/18/2020(UTC), xaver on 5/18/2020(UTC), richardgatarski on 5/18/2020(UTC), Omaha Hockey Network on 5/18/2020(UTC), jip on 5/19/2020(UTC), KnKproductions on 5/19/2020(UTC), Peter1000 on 5/19/2020(UTC), clafarge on 5/19/2020(UTC), dmwkr on 5/19/2020(UTC), monamiga on 5/19/2020(UTC), greggibson on 5/19/2020(UTC), sinc747 on 5/19/2020(UTC), ask on 5/19/2020(UTC), pingu2k on 5/20/2020(UTC), avsoundguy on 5/20/2020(UTC), RC_31 on 5/21/2020(UTC), adamjohns on 8/10/2020(UTC), corporatejames on 8/22/2020(UTC), tom0101 on 11/17/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 2/19/2021(UTC)
elvis55  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 5:04:06 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Groups: Registered
Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hallo,
I tested the beta version on a smartphone. Sure, desktop recording doesn't work as Martin mentioned.
But you can at least switch from the front camera to the back camera. Tested with the app - "Firefox Browser: fast, private & secure". "Desktop page" setting.
Thank you very much.

Edit:
Also tested in Chrome. Switch Front Camera to Back Camera better than in Firefox.
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 8:39:39 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Thank you, this is wonderful news!

Did a couple of quick tests.

On my Android (Chrome, Galaxy S7) I could easily change camera - excellent.
But when held in landscape mode, and browsing back to the VMix Call connect window I could not scroll the window down and change to another password (that field is outside the window).

Om Chrome/Windows 10, I can start sharing the screen. But End sharing does not return to the camera. The screen sharing icon is still green. If I click it, it returns to red and the camera is used. Click share icon again turns it red, but to only thing that happens is that the camera freezes. (I can repeat this, but it just toggles between frozen and live camera.
elvis55  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 9:43:35 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Tested in Firefox and Chrome. Screen sharing works. Switch from desktop to camera and back again.
Tested, laptop with a second monitor and PC with 2 monitors. First monitor for vmixcall, the second monitor for screen capture.
santa  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 11:41:27 PM(UTC)
santa

Italy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
are the 2 sources (camera and desktop) available at the same time so the director can choose when to show the cam and when the desktop (like skype and ndi)?
thanks 2 users thanked santa for this useful post.
Divide on 5/21/2020(UTC), Streamlab on 6/2/2020(UTC)
admin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 12:28:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post

Om Chrome/Windows 10, I can start sharing the screen. But End sharing does not return to the camera. The screen sharing icon is still green. If I click it, it returns to red and the camera is used. Click share icon again turns it red, but to only thing that happens is that the camera freezes. (I can repeat this, but it just toggles between frozen and live camera.

This is a limitation of Chrome, for security reasons I am guessing there is no way to notify the web page that the user has decided to stop sharing.

admin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 12:29:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: santa Go to Quoted Post
are the 2 sources (camera and desktop) available at the same time so the director can choose when to show the cam and when the desktop (like skype and ndi)?

No, for that you would need two browser tabs and two call passwords/inputs.
Note that you will need twice the bandwidth for this setup. (approximately 4mbps total for the guest)

jip  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 1:46:08 AM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post

This is a limitation of Chrome, for security reasons I am guessing there is no way to notify the web page that the user has decided to stop sharing.

How about circumventing this limitation by spawning another tab as a sort of a "proxy"?

I haven't investigated this at all myself, but at least in the fresh Google Meet update (from Gmail) it is possible to initiate Chrome-based screen sharing (also with sound ;) multiple times while stopping sharing in between. The sharing window selection looks exactly as in vMix Call beta.

mavik  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 1:55:32 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
+1 Very cool. Thank you so much.
Peter1000  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:15:57 AM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi
The Beta works well. I did a test on 2 desktops, both with desktop sharing, works well with chrome and on one of the desktops also with firefox.
I had an issue with firefox, on settings, it only showed once on the dropdown list "camera 1" to "camera x" and "microphone 1" to "microphone x", the existing equipment had disappeared.
A restart of Firefox solved the problem, it hasn't shown up since.
I once moved the split desktop to another monitor, which caused Chrome to crash. But I couldn't reproduce it.
Once I choose the monitor to share, I can't change this anymore. Could you put this into the settings? If I want to share another source? (3rd or 4th monitor)?
Turning off Echo Cannceling or Autolevel did not cause any change. Almost like placebo drugs :-)
Unfortunately I could not do a test with a mobile phone or a bad line. Possibly a change would have been audible in the audio.

Nevertheless, a word about the resolution. When I share my main monitor, I receive, as described by Martin, in vMix the image with a resolution of 2560x1080 pixels (Monitor Resolution in Windows). Although Martin writes, that there is no discussion about a higher resolution, it is obviously possible.

Another question I would have about the audio bandwidth, would it be possible to increase Audio-bandwith in the settings, if necessary?
KnKproductions  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:14:28 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

First test with screen share worked, until I went to end the screen share and go back to the camera and Chrome froze solid.
Was able to replicate it twice in a row, then an hour later I went to record the experience and it all worked :)

Otherwise I absolutely love being able to change video and audio sources on the fly!!!!!!!
Which coincidentally one could do with NDI Tools as the video source, but couldn't really share desktop without a lot of steps inbetween.
Now it's easy! :)

Excellent work and THANK YOU for the advancement of vmix call!!!!

Here's a 3min video of playing with screen sharing. You can see the very small difference between 1080 (host computer) and 720 (vmix call).
Which leads me to my next point: people say they want 1080 on the caller's send side, i say it won't make a lick of difference if they are using a crap camera. I think the 1080 image scaled down to 720 looked pretty good! It's a noticeable difference but not drastic. I'd even be willing to do a three way comparison between vmix-to-vmix and call-to-vmix.

What would be the recommendation for the caller to be able to send desktop audio in conjunction with their microphone? Say, if there was audio in their presentation or they played a recorded file... any recommendations?
Reinaldo  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:46:57 AM(UTC)
Reinaldo

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Vmix Team.
First. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
You are Amazing!!!!!
I did a fast test and I loved.
Great job
sinc747  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:31:01 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Wow. Just, wow.

- Tom
ask  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:41:14 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sinc747 Go to Quoted Post
Wow. Just, wow.

- Tom

Yep.....Have had it running all day and have had no issues!

RC_31  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:37:04 AM(UTC)
RC_31

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Works great even using two tabs, one for the Webcam and the other one for screen sharing. Stable and amazing image quality. Thanks!!

PS. For the future it would be amazing to be able to send both Webcam and screen sharing from the same call but for now it's great to have the option!
Robbie54A  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:58:02 AM(UTC)
Robbie54A

United States

The Test Video was very very good, Video quality was excellent, although on the left side I saw a slight audio delay in speech other than that great job. I'm missing all the funnnnnn, lol
DaveT  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:02:15 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We notice that some of our team is only coming in on the left channel in the beta. We can fix within the vmix software, so not a huge deal, but just wanted to note.
KnKproductions  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:31:33 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Originally Posted by: Robbie54A Go to Quoted Post
The Test Video was very very good, Video quality was excellent, although on the left side I saw a slight audio delay in speech other than that great job. I'm missing all the funnnnnn, lol

All the audio was coming from the call only which was on the right hand side. Turned off audio from the host computer to test the vmix call audio too :)
Jose Zapata  
#19 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 2:14:22 AM(UTC)
Jose Zapata

Man
Colombia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is very good, tested on an iPhone 7plus and lets you switch between the cameras. Tested from a laptop and I was able to share powerpoint without problems.

I hope this version helps to correct the problems with some phones that have more than two cameras and did not allow to see the front camera
thanks 1 user thanked Jose Zapata for this useful post.
EGigante on 12/18/2020(UTC)
Animatic  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:28:07 AM(UTC)
Animatic

Great start... now we need you to add more then 8 inputs. 16 would be a good start. 24 perfect.

especially if people are going to take 2 calls up each.

Anyone Agree?

Thanks vMixx,,, long needed!