logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danspada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 10:09:28 PM(UTC)
danspada

Groups: Registered

Hello all, I am a Middle School teacher looking to create a modest tv and podcasting studio. We don't have a ton of stuff, but we did get some leftover high school items and some donations, and I'm trying to put everything together, but I don't have a lot of technical knowledge. We have a Roland V-1HD, a Sony Handicam, two Logitech C920s, and a Behringer audio mixer. I was originally going to use our budget to get an iMac with 16BG of RAM, because I thought that would be good enough to run all of these things and the vMix (also hoping to be able to use vMix call to collaborate with some high school students and teachers).

I thought I had this all figured out, but I just found out that we can't get vMix for iOS. Does anyone with knowledge in this area have any recommendations for what I should do? Without a Mac, I'm not sure what kind of PC I should actually get that will work. The last thing I want to do is waste money on something that won't work. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you so much.
hellokitty  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:55:51 PM(UTC)
hellokitty

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:27:14 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
danspada wrote:
We have a Roland V-1HD, a Sony Handicam, two Logitech C920s, and a Behringer audio mixer. I was originally going to use our budget to get an iMac with 16BG of RAM, because I thought that would be good enough to run all of these things and the vMix (also hoping to be able to use vMix call to collaborate with some high school students and teachers).

If you intend to use the video output of the Roland to feed vMix, then you will need a capture device. The Roland V-1HD has HDMI out. The USB is for controlling it from a computer.

Depending on whether you get a desktop or a laptop will help determine what kind of capture device to buy. If you plan on using the this new system strictly in your studio, you may want to consider a desktop. Perhaps your school has a slightly older HP or a Dell with a quad core i7 that could be utilized until your budget for this project increases allow you to get a capture card (device) and some other equipment.
Altenburger  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:59:45 PM(UTC)
Altenburger

Hello,
I'm a teacher at Fountain Inn High School. I want to start using OBS Studio to live stream my video lectures to YouTube. I found some general information on PTZOptic, but nothing specific though for online teaching. Can I use vMix and the VR-1HD with OBS?

Greenville County Schools > Fountain Inn High School teachign staff and materials for curriculum planning and[/ coursework writing service for each semester
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:25:09 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Altenburger

There is most likely a way to use all three switchers in the same workflow, the underlying question is WHY do you want to use 3 switchers?
It is not like connecting 3 locomotives together on a track for more power, but rather, more like chaining 3 buses together, ultimately, only one of them can lead the way but you still need a driver in each bus to steer and push the brakes.

Ice