logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
decambra89  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 5:36:43 PM(UTC)
decambra89

Groups: Registered
Canada

I saw a message not long ago on the Streaming Idiots Facebook that said that we would appreciate a better UI design. Deffinitely vMix is the best software to me, but looks old (I purchased the upgrade tonight form HD to 4k tho). But yeah, it would be cool if you have a better interface.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 6:39:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
define old (to me that means more experienced ;-) )

define better
spino  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 7:56:27 PM(UTC)
spino

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think it isn't so bad. What I miss are dockable windows (I'd like to have all inputs on a second monitor).
thanks 1 user thanked spino for this useful post.
doggy on 4/14/2020(UTC)
KnKproductions  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 10:42:51 PM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
If the current interface saves on processing power, then I say leave it as-is :)

On that note, a faster way to get to the shortcuts menu would be great. Say, a separate window that stays open on its own like vMix Social.
Going in and out of the settings gets very annoying.
Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:42:23 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I agree that vMix needs a better interface as well, from day one I thought that it was too flat and I never like the docked windows...I always wish they were dockable, so I can move them where I prefer them......but like it is said, that would call for more processing power, so some modification would be great, like moving those large colour bars...always hated them a nice border around them would be so much nicer ...place control buttons for players, rather than having them look exactly the same as any other input, ... and a much nicer audio mixer would be great...the mixer they have takes up too much desktop space, and is very difficult to use when dealing with many inputs with audio....but, a simple adjustable one would be just great......similar to the image I added ....does this not look nicer?....

thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
pingu2k on 5/20/2020(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:10:36 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have never been a fan of the UI either but I personally prefer a fixed UI like Tricaster or BMD.

That being said, there are a number of things I have done to try to get it more to my liking this using tabs and such. It just always seems too cluttered to me.

An expansion of the Multiview options would be the only request that I maybe would love to see. Making nearly everything completely customizable. That would make it a lot easier to TD off of a VMIX machine. This would make things a little more natural for new VMIX operators to come in a learn the UI.

I am very happy with how flexible the UI can be if you want to use it across multiple monitors.